Media Composer Fundamentals II Course
Media Composer Fundamentals II Course (MC110)From £486.50 With 28 day discount (3 days)
This 3 day hands on Media Composer Fundamentals II Course is for video editors who have a rudimentary knowledge of editing in Media Composer, and are ready to broaden their foundational skills to take their editing to the next level.
Together with the Media Composer Fundamentals I Course, this beginners course to Avid Media Composer provides the foundational training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified User.
Learn Avid Media Composer 3 Ways!
Learn Media Composer in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Still not seeing what you want. Perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
No matter how you choose to learn, they all cover the same lesson plan and are delivered by our amazing Certified Avid Professional Trainers, and fully backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Check out our comparison chart below to see what’s included.
|Online Classroom||22nd Jul 2020||£625.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||21st Sep 2020||£486.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||25th Nov 2020||£486.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
- Fundamental Concepts
- Learning the Basic Workflow
- Going Beyond HD
- Working in 4K
- Creating a New Project
- Setting up a Project
- Ways to Input Video and Audio Clips
- Using the Source Browser
- Linking Clips to Your Project
- Importing Media Files
- Importing Sequential Image Files
- Copying and Converting Linked Media
- Prepping for the Edit
- Adding Information to Dailies
- Sorting the Bin
- Filtering the Bin
- Creating Subclips
- Cloning Clips to Multiple Bins
- Opening a Bin from Another Project
- AutoSyncing Picture and Sound
- Grouping Clips
- Editing from the Bin
- Creating a Stringout Sequence
- Storyboard Editing
- Cutting Down a Sequence with Top and Tail
- Using the Extend Function
- Using Markers
- Mapping Buttons and Menus
- Copying and Updating User Settings
- Review of Basic Edit Tools
- Selecting Multiple Segments
- Alternate Ways to Use Sequences
- Finding Alternative Shots
- Essential Tools
- Understanding Trim
- The “Radio Edit” Technique
- Exploring Trim Mode
- Trimming On the Fly
- Creating Split Edits
- Maintaining Sync
- Slipping and Sliding Segments
- Mixing Audio Efficiently
- Setting Up for Audio Mixing
- Audio EQ Tool
- Keyframing Volume and Pan Changes
- Understanding Pan & Zoom Effects
- Exploring the Source Settings Dialog Box
- Using FrameFlex on 2K+ Clips
- Creating a Pan and Zoom Effect with FrameFlex
- Review of Freeze Frames and Motion Effects
- Creating Motion Effects to Fill a Duration
- Creating Timewarp Effects
- Timewarp Preset Effects
- Creating a Timewarp Effect
- Using the Anchor Frame
- Blurring Unwanted Objects
- Creating a Blur Effect
- Creating a Split-Screen Effect
- Using Advanced Keyframe Graphs
- Essential Tools
- Nesting Effects
- Changing the Order of Nested Effects
- Editing Inside a Nest
- Measuring Performance
- Adjusting Playback Quality
- Rendering Effects
- Understanding ExpertRender
- Different Keying Types
- Exploring the SpectraMatte
- Viewing the Matte Channel
- Cropping Out Garbage
- Adjusting the SpectraMatte
- Creating Titles with NewBlue Titler Pro
- Creating a Title
- AMA Linking to Real-Time Moving Matte Keys
- Understanding the Review Process
- Tools for Review
- Preparing for Output
- Packaging a Sequence
- Exporting a File
- Using the Send To Export Templates
- Exporting XDCAM Media
- Managing Your Media
- Deleting Media Files
- Understanding Consolidate and Transcode
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 14||Nil|
|15 - 29||10%|
|30 - 44||20%|
The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Learn how you want, with 3 delivery styles!
Learn in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Alternatively, perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
Instructor always willing to come over and help if having difficulty.
The pace of the course was perfect for me, and very clearly put across by the trainer.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!