- Tel: +44 (0)20 7734 1286
- Posttalent@sohoeditors.com :
- Fulltimevacancy@sohoeditors.com :
- Training: email@example.com
Avid Training Fund
Avid Training Fund
The ScreenSkills High-end TV Skills Fund will award up to £800 of funding to tech ops and engineers working on high-end television productions or within facilities servicing high-end television productions to attend a course to master using Avid editing software.
Professionals can use the funding to participate in Avid Certified courses at Fundamentals or Professional level across the UK.
- A Fundamentals course provides the foundational training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified User. Participants will be able to use Avid editing systems with more confidence, creativity and efficiency.
- A Professional course enables participants to build a deeper understanding of the Avid software – covering editing and VFX. Topics covered include advanced techniques to automate the ingest process, colour management and advanced compositing techniques.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, you must first register for a ScreenSkills account.
You must also complete your diversity and inclusion information
Once registered, you can then apply for the fund by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the top of the ScreenSkills Fund page:
High-end TV Skills Fund: Avid training funding
You will then be taken to a GrantsRequest Portal requiring a login. This is not the same login as your ScreenSkills account.
If you have not previously applied for funding through GrantsRequest, you will need to register as a new applicant. This will allow you to save your application form and return to it at a later date, using your GrantsRequest login.
Freelancers interested in the training are eligible to apply for this funding. The ScreenSkills High-end TV Skills fund is also able to contribute 50% of training costs for the staff of post and VFX houses.
Applications for funding are open until 31 March 2020 but may close sooner if all funding has been allocated.
Have more questions? Visit ScreenSkills Bursary Hub Page here, for FAQs and tips before applying!