The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course
The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course (MC101)From £381.50 With 90 day discount (2 days)
This 2 day hands on Beginners Media Composer Fundamentals I Course is the first step in achieving confidence, creativity, and efficiency with Avid Media Composer, the non-linear film and video editing application used in most movie and television productions.
Together with the The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course, this beginners course to Avid Media Composer 8.6 provides the foundational training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified User.
All of our Media Composer courses are delivered by industry professional and certified trainers, who impart real world experience as well as teaching you how to edit with Avid Media Composer.
|London Training Centre||14th May 2020||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||6th Apr 2020||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||9th Mar 2020||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||6th Feb 2020||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||9th Jan 2020||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||4th Dec 2019||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||4th Nov 2019||£436.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||10th Oct 2019||£490.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||2nd Sep 2019||£545.00|
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Avid Media Composer and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Introduction to Media Composer 8.6
- Setting Up Your Projects
- Ingesting Material
- Building Your Sequence
- Rough Cut Your Scene
- Segment Mode
- Refining the Sequence
- Transition Effects
- Segment Effects
- Creating Titles
- Exporting your Video
- Technical Fundamentals
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
There is an optional MC101 exam that can be taken at a later date, after you have completed the Media Composer Fundamentals I course.
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Media Composer, you must take two foundational courses, Media Composer Fundamentals I (MC101) and Media Composer Fundamentals II (MC110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Media Composer verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Media Composer, together with a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Media Composer allows you to:
- Demonstrate your user skills and that you have a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified User logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with Avid'sr online Certified Professional listing
If you would like to take part in the exam, just let us know, and we'll send through availability and book you in.
- Launching Media Composer
- Understanding the Select Project Window
- Learning the Interface
- Working with Bins
- Creating a New User Profile and Changing User Profiles
- Personalizing the Application
- Creating a New Project
- Setting Up Your Project
- How to Input Video and Audio Clips
- Importing Media Files
- Preparing to Edit
- Saving Your Work
- Creating a New Sequence
- Working with Tracks
- Locating Audio Cues
- Building Your Sequence with Splice-In
- Editing with Overwrite
- Removing Material from a Sequence
- Essential Tools
- Understanding the Smart Tool
- Building a Montage with Drag-and-Drop
- Adding Narration with Drag-and -Drop Overwrite
- Editing Audio in the Sequence
- Moving Segments in the Timeline
- Changing Shots in the Sequence
- Deleting from the Timeline
- Changing the Length of Timeline Segments
- Exploring Trim Mode
- Useful Tools
- Creating Transition Effects
- Modifying Transition Effects in the Timeline
- Accessing Effects from the Effect Palette
- Modifying Effects in Effect Mode
- Creating Audio Crossfades
- Adding Segment Effects
- Stabilizing Shaky Footage
- Using Automatic Color Correction to Improve the Footage
- Hiding Jump Cuts with FluidMorph
- Resizing a Shot
- Using Standard Keyframes
- Nesting Effects
- Changing the Order of Nested Effects
- Types of Motion Effects
- Creating Freeze Frames
- Creating Motion Effects
- Title Creation Tools
- Quick View: The Avid Title Tool
- Exporting Your Video
- Fixing Technical Problems
- Troubleshooting Missing Media Files
- Recovering Lost Work
- Deleting Media
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course is an introductory course designed to get a new user up-and-running on the software. In this course, students develop an understanding of the video editing process and the basic skills to edit a video project from start to finish.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 19 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Loved every second
Great facilities and good tuition
Easy to understand and responsive to our questions
Mike our instructor was brilliant, very knowledgeable and an excellent teacher.
Mike's amazing teaching and approach to the software.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.