Media Composer Professional Editing I Course
Media Composer Professional Editing I Course (MC201)From £560.00 With 28 day discount (3 days)
This 3 day hands on Media Composer Professional Editing I Course will take you to a new level of editing and provide you with the tips, tricks and in-depth knowledge to distinguish yourself as a true editing professional.
Following on from the Avid Certified User Accreditation, together with the Media Composer Professional Editing II Course, this advanced course to Avid Media Composer provides the necessary training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified Professional.
Learn Advanced Avid Media Composer 3 Ways!
Learn Media Composer in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Still not seeing what you want? Perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
No matter how you choose to learn, they all cover the same lesson plan and are delivered by our amazing Certified Avid Professional Trainers, and fully backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Check out our comparison chart below to see what’s included.
|London Training Centre||5th Oct 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
- Planning Your Edit
- Overview of Workflows
- Considerations When Starting a New Project
- Preparing the Project Settings
- Common Capture and Delivery Formats
- Storage Requirements
- Preparing the System
- Where Does Your Project and Associated Data Reside?
- Exploring Resolutions (Codecs)
- Reveal Bins: Which Final is Final?
- Media File Folders and Databases
- Audio Midpoint Attenuation
- Making a Duplicate Setting
- Input: Link or Import?
- Working With the Source Browser
- Using the Browser Tool to Link Media
- Working with Camera Cards
- Using the Source Browser Tool to Import Media
- Other Ways to Link or Import Media
- Workflow for Ingesting Media
- Consolidate vs. Transcode
- Background Consolidating or Transcoding
- How Media Composer Adapts Footage
- Aspect Ratio Issues with Standard Definition Footage
- Relinking to Files that have Moved
- Workflow for Offline to Online
- Preparing the Production Team
- Avid Multicamera Editing Workflows
- Creating Group Clips
- Setting Up for Multicamera Editing
- Editing a Multicamera Sequence
- Committing Multicamera Edits
- Creating Multigroup Clips
- Additional Grouping Methods: Ganging Footage in Monitors
- A New World of Editing
- The Timeline
- Sequence Templates and Favourite Bins
- Working with Tracks in the Timeline
- Cleaning Tracks
- Enhancing Functions with Modifier Keys
- Understanding Track Order
- Sequence Cleaning
- Sync Point Editing
- Working with Still Graphics
- Linking to a File
- Importing a File
- Importing Animated Graphics
- Batch Import in the Graphic workflow
- Editing Graphics and Logos with Alpha
- Animated Lower Thirds
- Importing Photoshop Layers
- Unlocking the Matte Key
- Adding Graphics in incubate
- Reviewing Effect Techniques
- Using the 3D Warp Effect
- Saving and Using Effect Templates
- Making a Video Wall
- Adding Some Animation
- Some Final Considerations for Keyframes
- Collapsing Tracks in the Timeline
- Understanding Perspective and Target
- A Quick Guide to the Remaining Features
- The Colour Correction Tool
- Colour Correction Workflow
- Semi-Automatic Correction
- Colour Cast Removal
- Using Correction Templates
- Keeping It Legal
- Preparing for the Audio Mix
- Understanding Tracks, Channels and Voices
- Workflow for Audio Mixing
- Applying Audio Effects
- Audio Effects: EQ
- Audio Effects: Dynamics
- Remove Hum at a Particular Frequency
- Remove Noise at a Particular Level
- What are your Delivery Requirements?
- Preparing for Output
- Closed Captions
- Final Considerations Before Output
- Output Options
- Archiving Your Project
- Introducing AS-02-Versioning
- Cleaning Up Your Media
- Performing a Data Mixdown
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to your shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 14||Nil|
|15 - 29||10%|
|30 - 44||20%|
The Media Composer Professional Picture and Sound Editing Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Learn how you want, with 3 delivery styles!
Learn in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Alternatively, perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
The trainer was very methodological and approachable. He made Avid conquerable.
Broad range of topics covered, including beyond the scope of the course.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!