The Boris FX Continuum with Avid Media Composer Course
The Boris FX Continuum with Avid Media Composer Course (BFX101)£250
This 1 day hands-on Beginners Boris FX Continuum with Media Composer Course in London introduces delegates to the basic concepts of working with visual effects, keying and tracking in the latest tools from Boris FX.
This course aims to give beginners an understanding of what is possible with Continuum and Mocha, and will help build confidence in the latest tools within a professional environment to produce smooth visual effects.
Make An Enquiry
- Individual Apple Work Station
- 7 hours of instructor lead hands on training
- Training Media
- Course completion certificate
|Day 1||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This course is for anyone that is interested in building their visual effects skills, within Avid Media Composer.
- Continuum UI
- What is Mocha?
- Look Development
- Apply and Modifying Transitions
- Layering with BCC PixelChooser
- Chroma Keying and Compositing
- Titles and Graphics
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- A Work knowledge of Avid Media Composer
- A working knowledge of motion graphics is preferred
- Experience with the Macintosh operating system.
Whilst there is no certification for this course, our trainers are industry-experienced Boris FX Certified Instructors and Soho Editors is an Authorised Training Centre. Additionally, you will receive a certificate of attendance from Soho Editors upon completion of the course.
- Locate BCC categories in MC Effect Palette
- Categories of effects and their uses.
- FX browser vs Effect specific preset browser and preset manager.
- Cross-host compatibility of presets.
- Interactive on-screen controls (HUD)
- Animating settings.
- Filtering edited / animated parameters, Avid exclusive EZ mode
- Avid apply to title matte feature.
- Integrated geometrics and drop shadow.
- Pixelchooser. matte and masking system, intro to mocha integration.
- Create mask shapes.
- Overview of Mocha in Continuum, example of use with BCC Beauty
- Shape animation / Roto
- Planar tracker.
- Exporting Mocha projects, shape and track data
- Summary of difference between Mocha in continuum and Mocha Pro
- Fast film glow
- Light leaks
- Auto-animating effect
- Colour correction tools, Selective colour correction
- Waveform monitoring with BCC Videoscope
- BCC Grunge, understanding effect apply modes
- Lens Flare Dissolve, Damaged TV Dissolve
- Auto-animation vs Keyframed Animation
- Understanding and using the on-screen controls
- Saving / loading presets
- Working with Effect clips in MC
- Creating track mattes from video layers and channels
- Masking with simple geometric shapes and Mocha
- Combining mattes and masks
- BCC primatte studio
- HUD vs Effect editor
- Auto image analysis vs manual sampling
- Understanding matte views
- Spill correction
- Matte refinement options, inc colour correction and light wrap
- Mocha outside and inside mask tools
- DIfference between ‘green dot’ and Motin Tracker effects
- Tracking in BCC Lens flare 3d
- Tracking the flare into a shot with the integrated tracker
- Tracking the flare into a shot using exported mocha tracking data from another filter
- BCC Match Move - Screen Replacement
- FX browser and templates.
- UI overview
- Simple Lower third example, animation fundamentals
- Applying material shaders.
- Using 3d auto-animating deformers.
- 3d model import
- RTF import.
- Automated Credit Roller
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your Pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Ideally suited to those who are a little bit familiar with visual effects, this course is intended to build your confidence, speeding up workflows and pushing your capabilities to tackle more adventurous and creative content within Media Composer.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Boris FX Continuum in Media Composer Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge and is intended to push your skills beyond that of most regular visual effects operators.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.