The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio Course
The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio Course (DVR101)From £560.00 With 90 day discount (2 days)
Our two day hands-on Beginners Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio Course is great for those new to Resolve software. This class is ideal for first time users, or those with limited experience. You do not need to be a Colourist to attend.
Our class mixes the operational side of DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio with some practical real world training on workflows, basic colour theory, colour grading approaches and techniques.
|London Training Centre||6th Dec 2018||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||14th Nov 2018||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||8th Oct 2018||£640.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||20th Sep 2018||£720.0010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||9th Aug 2018||£800.00|
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This DaVinci Resolve Studio course is designed for anyone new to DaVinci Resolve.
- Resolve workflows including Film, Red, Cannon and other digital files.
- Primary Correction
- Secondary Correction
- Repositioning, Key-Framing and Tracking
- Looks and Styles with Resolve
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of grading terminology is recommended
All students will receive a Soho Editors Training attendance certificate.
- A complete demo of the system, looking at every area of the new software and how it works with the control surface.
- Loading the software and getting started
- How to create a new customised user, and getting all the config settings correct before you kick off
- What if you only need SD?
- Importing and conforming both film and digital material using an EDL/XML/AAF The scene cut detector and manually creating a timeline.
- Looking at the waveform, vectorscope, and histogram
- How different Colours interact with increased saturation/contrast and why some colours complement each other more than others
- RGB v YUV correction in Resolve.
- Primary correction is very important. It’s the base of any “cool look”. Get it right and it will simplify your whole color correction process.
- You’ll use them all the time, how do they work and when do you use each one.
- Keying is a very important part of what we do as colourists
- Learn how to key in Resolve using either HSL RGB or LUM
- Learn if it's best to key a colour or adjust its Secondary curve.
- Each node has 4 Power Windows, the classic DaVinci Circle, Linear square, Polygon and a Bezier Power Curve
- Learn how to use each one, and why we decide to use one over the other
- Key-Framing and Auto Tracking
- Using the Resolve tracker, to lock a window onto a subject both manually and automatically.
- Using the pan, tilt, zoom and rotate controls, learn just how far you can zoom in on a film or digital image
- Key-framing in the timeline, manually and automatically.
- Versions, setting up the gallery including importing and exporting stills.
- Making your own Powergrade looks.
- The grade is finished but how and where do you render it to?
- Playing out to tape.
- Film, Red, Canon, Arri Alexa, Sony F3 and other digital formats.
- Resolve works with lots of formats, get to know the pros and cons of each one.
- How to create looks and styles within Resolve that will give you a great start to your session.
- You will look at a couple from the following…. Orange and Teal. Cross process Bleach Bypass “Schindlers” red coat, Duotones Day for night.
- Nodes offer lots of flexibility.
- See how to combine them with the other Resolve nodes to complement our grades.
- Learn how to mix between the nodes.
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
This course is a hands-on look at DaVinci Resolve Studio, the most trusted grading system in the industry. This course is designed to give a beginner the professional tool set to start their career in colour grading.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 15 Studio course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Absolutely brilliant! Paul was patient, very knowledgable and provided a lot of information that i can now apply to all my future work...Thank you for your time, being patient and never patronising. I will always remember this course and recommend to friends and colleagues.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.