Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio Course
Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio Course (DVR101)From £560.00 With 28 day discount (2 days)
Our 2 Day hands-on Beginners Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio Course is great for those new to Resolve software. This class is ideal for first time users, or those with limited experience. You do not need to be a Colourist to attend.
Our class mixes the operational side of DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio with some practical real world training on workflows, basic colour theory, colour grading approaches and techniques.
Learn DaVinci Resolve 16 Four Ways!
You can learn Premiere Pro in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Alternatively, if you prefer to learn at your own pace, try our Online Video Tutorials. Still not seeing what you want. Perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
No matter how you choose to learn, they all cover the same lesson plan and are delivered by our amazing Certified Blackmagic Professional Trainers, and fully backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Check out our comparison chart below to see what’s included.
|Online Classroom||20th Jul 2020||£720.0010% Advance Booking Discount|
|Online Classroom||12th Aug 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||21st Sep 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||19th Oct 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||9th Nov 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||17th Dec 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
- A complete demo of the system, looking at every area of the new software and how it works with the control surface.
- Loading the software and getting started
- How to create a new customised user, and getting all the config settings correct before you kick off
- What if you only need SD?
- Importing and conforming both film and digital material using an EDL/XML/AAF The scene cut detector and manually creating a timeline.
- Looking at the waveform, vectorscope, and histogram
- How different Colours interact with increased saturation/contrast and why some colours complement each other more than others
- RGB v YUV correction in Resolve.
- Primary correction is very important. It’s the base of any “cool look”. Get it right and it will simplify your whole color correction process.
- You’ll use them all the time, how do they work and when do you use each one.
- Keying is a very important part of what we do as colourists
- Learn how to key in Resolve using either HSL RGB or LUM
- Learn if it's best to key a colour or adjust its Secondary curve.
- Each node has 4 Power Windows, the classic DaVinci Circle, Linear square, Polygon and a Bezier Power Curve
- Learn how to use each one, and why we decide to use one over the other
- Key-Framing and Auto Tracking
- Using the Resolve tracker, to lock a window onto a subject both manually and automatically.
- Using the pan, tilt, zoom and rotate controls, learn just how far you can zoom in on a film or digital image
- Key-framing in the timeline, manually and automatically.
- Versions, setting up the gallery including importing and exporting stills.
- Making your own Powergrade looks.
- The grade is finished but how and where do you render it to?
- Playing out to tape.
- Film, Red, Canon, Arri Alexa, Sony F3 and other digital formats.
- Resolve works with lots of formats, get to know the pros and cons of each one.
- How to create looks and styles within Resolve that will give you a great start to your session.
- You will look at a couple from the following…. Orange and Teal. Cross process Bleach Bypass “Schindlers” red coat, Duotones Day for night.
- Nodes offer lots of flexibility.
- See how to combine them with the other Resolve nodes to complement our grades.
- Learn how to mix between the nodes.
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 14||Nil|
|15 - 29||10%|
|30 - 44||20%|
The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Learn how you want, with 4 delivery styles!
Learn in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Alternatively, if you prefer to learn at your own pace, try our Online Video Tutorials. Still not seeing what you want? Perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
Absolutely brilliant! Paul was patient, very knowledgable and provided a lot of information that i can now apply to all my future work...Thank you for your time, being patient and never patronising. I will always remember this course and recommend to friends and colleagues.
Rory pitched the training at the right level, as it wasn't too basic and covered all the vital details that we needed.
Easy to understand, straight to the point, highly knowledgeable and friendly tutor - just perfect really!
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!