Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio Course
Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio Course (DVR100)From £346.50 With 28 day discount (2 days)
Our 2 day hands-on Beginners Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 Course teaches total beginners how to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the DaVinci Resolve 16 interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Resolve’s powerful advanced features.
Beginners learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customising preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.
Learn Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 16 Four Ways!
You can learn to edit with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Alternatively, if you prefer to learn at your own pace, try our Online Video Tutorials. Still not seeing what you want. Perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
No matter how you choose to learn, they all cover the same lesson plan and are delivered by our amazing Certified Blackmagic Professional Trainers, and fully backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Check out our comparison chart below to see what’s included.
|Online Classroom||6th Aug 2020||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||8th Oct 2020||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||14th Dec 2020||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
- Launching Resolve Studio
- Resolve Interface
- Following a Workflow
- Starting a Project
- Importing Clips
- Navigating Clips
- Marking and Editing Clips
- Playing and Navigating a Sequence
- Organizing Project
- Elements, Saving
- Hiding and Quitting Resolve Studio
- Working with Projects
- Editing a Rough Cut
- Making Overwrite Edits
- Managing Timeline Tracks
- Making Insert Edits
- Editing Audio Clips
- Moving Clips in the Timeline
- Creating a New Version
- Drag-and-Drop Editing and Changing the Volume of Edited Clips
- Adding Cutaways
- Editing to Narration
- Editing to Music
- Copying, Cutting, Pasting, and Positioning Clips
- Screening and Sharing a Sequence
- Understanding Trimming
- Rippling Edit Points
- Rippling in the Viewer and by Numbers
- Trimming Clips on the V2 Track
- Trimming One Track of a Linked Clip
- Trimming Two Edit Points
- Slipping One Clip
- Rolling Two Edit Points
- Sliding Clips to Refine Position
- Dragging Clips to New Locations and Keeping Linked Clips in Sync
- Labeling Project Elements
- Creating Subclips
- Adding Markers to Clips
- Using Markers to Align Actions
- Performing Replace Edits and Editing Multicam Footage
- Reconnecting Media
- Working with Mixed Format Sequences
- Working with Master Clips
- Logging Information in Browser Columns
- Finding Project Items
- Customizing Shortcut Keys
- Optimizing User Preferences
- Choosing Preset Format Settings
- Previewing and Marking Your Source
- Choosing Clip Settings
- Choosing Import Settings
- Choosing Import Options
- Setting Import Preferences and Transferring Files
- Organising Media
- Creating Checksum Clones
- Evaluating the Project
- Understanding Transitions
- Viewing Transition Options
- Applying Transitions
- Modifying and Copying Transitions
- Using the Transition Editor
- Changing Transition Parameters
- Previewing and Rendering Effects
- Preparing the Project for Mixing
- Organizing and Editing Audio Effects
- Monitoring & Adjusting Audio Levels
- Applying Transitions to Fade Volume
- Setting Keyframes to Change Volume
- Using the Audio Mixer
- Importing Audio Files
- Working with Video Generators
- Adding a Lower Third
- Adding Mattes, Effects and Still Images
- Creating a Credit Roll and Using Master Templates
- Entering Speed Changes
- Using the Speed Tool
- Creating a Freeze Frame
- Changing Inspector Parameters
- Animating Inspector Parameters
- Applying and Viewing Video Filters
- Viewing and Modifying Filter Parameters
- Applying Audio Filters
- Animating Filters
- Introduction to Color Grading
- Adjusting Video Levels for Broadcast
- Sharing Clips and Sequences
- Exporting a QuickTime Movie
- Using Other Export Options
- Exporting a Still Frame
- Making a Timecode Window Burn
- Backing Up Projects
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 14||Nil|
|15 - 29||10%|
|30 - 44||20%|
The Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Learn how you want, with 3 delivery styles!
Learn in our dedicated central London Classroom or on our Live Online Classes. Alternatively, perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!