The Media Composer Professional Editing II Course
The Media Composer Professional Editing II Course (MC210)From £560.00 With 90 day discount (3 days)
This 3 day hands-on Advanced Media Composer Professional Editing II Course builds a deeper understanding of the software - covering editing, vfx, audio and mastering - to bring a new level of finesse to your jobs.
You will learn advanced techniques about automating the ingest process, colour management, surround-sound mixing and advanced compositing techniques.
|London Training Centre||24th Jun 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||18th Mar 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||30th Oct 2019||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 3||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This course is designed for experienced Media
Composer users looking to increase their skills and learn advanced
features of the programme.
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
- Utilise workflows for long-form keyframing
- Prepare for the edit
- Use colour management techniques
- Customise and master settings
- Use script based editing
- Perform advanced trimming and timeline techniques
- Manage metadata for output
- Work with multichannel audio, surround sound, and audio ducking
- Use the Paint tools to fix common image problems and apply treatments
- Use the Compositing and Tracking tools
- Improve your story with VFX
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Completion of The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course and The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course or equivalent experience of 12 months of full-time editing on the system
- Completion of The Media Composer Professional Editing I Course is strongly recommended
- A background as an editor, assistant editor, director or producer is strongly recommended
There is an optional MC210 exam that can be taken at a later date, after you have become an Avid Certified User, and have passed the Media Composer Professional I exam.
To gain the title of Avid Certified Professional in Media Composer you must, first of all, be an Avid Certified User for Media Composer. Then, you sit two further courses, Media Composer Professional Editing I (MC201) and Media Composer Professional Editing II (MC210) before passing the associated certification exams for each.
Becoming an Avid Certified Professional for Media Composer allows you to:
- Demonstrate an advanced skill set in utilizing Media Composer to create high quality professional video assets
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing.
- Review of Workflows
- Importing Media Using Dynamic Media Folders
- Working with DPX
- Mid Project Management
- Understanding the Folder Structure for Managed Media
- Syncing clips
- Metadata Management (Data Wrangling)
- Importing Information in an ALE
- Managing Bins
- Using Markers
- Why is Colour Management Important?
- Colour Space
- Colour Workflow
- Using the Source Settings
- Using LUTs and CDLs
- Understanding Settings
- Types of Settings
- Settings and Their Locations
- Managing Settings
- Updating Group Settings
- Linking Settings to Workspaces
- What is a Lined Script?
- Using Script Integration
- Preparing a Script for Script Integration
- Linking Clips to Scripts
- Adding Script Marks
- Editing with the Script Window
- Enriching Scripts with Metadata
- Making the Timeline Work for You
- Timeline Settings
- Lassoing Options
- Configuring the Timeline
- Additional Timeline Features
- Timeline Quick Find
- Creating Timeline Views
- Linking Views to a Workspace
- Taking Trimming to the Next Level
- The Trim Mode: A Quick Review
- Keeping in Sync
- Bi-Directional Trimming
- Analysing Audio at Cut Point
- Entering Trim Mode on Just One Track
- Trimming on the Fly
- Slipping and Sliding
- Asynchronous Trimming
- Red Roller Trimming
- Dynamic Trimming
- Split Edits
- Using Subtitles
- The Sub Cap Effect
- Using the Sub Cap Effect
- AS-11 Professional Delivery of Broadcast Material
- Active Format Description in the Data Track
- Audio Workflow
- Multichannel Audio
- Audio ducking
- Audio Grouping
- Multichannel Enhancements in Media Composer
- Working with Surround Sound
- Using the Audio Mixer for Multichannel Mixing
- Introducing Paint
- Object-Manipulation Tools
- Putting the Paint Effect to Use
- Paint Effect Modes
- Using Scratch Removal
- Compositing for VFX
- Keying with SpectraMatte
- Garbage Mattes
- The Tracker
- Working on a Comp
- Improving the Performance with Split Screens
- Creating a Defocus Effect to Imply Depth of Field
- The Horror Mask
- The Desert Comp
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
If you are an advanced Media Composer user looking to increase your skills and learn the effects features used in the industry, then this is the course for you. This Media Composer Professional Effects and Compositing course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to distinguish yourself as a true onliner.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Media Composer Professional Effects and Compositing Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
What would you like me to say
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.