The Media Composer Professional Editing I Course
The Media Composer Professional Editing I Course (MC201)From £560.00 With 90 day discount (3 days)
This 3 Day Advanced Media Composer Professional Editing I Course will give you the skills and in-depth, under-the-hood knowledge you need to distinguish yourself as a true editing professional and go for the high-profile jobs you want.
This course will cover the advanced skills you need to work on big-budget productions: media management, advanced picture editing, and advanced sound editing.
|London Training Centre||11th May 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||10th Feb 2020||£560.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||20th Nov 2019||£640.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 3||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This course is designed for experienced Media Composer users looking to increase their skills and learn advanced features of the programme.
- Plan your Editing Process
- Input and Manage Media
- Use Multicam Editing
- Use Advanced Editing and Timeline Management Techniques
- Work with Graphics and Mattes
- Multilayer and Composite Graphics
- Perform Basic Colour Correction Techniques
- Prepare Your Audio Mix Using Tools like EQ, Compressors, and Expanders
- Deliver a High-Quality Finished File
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Completion of The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course and The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course or equivalent experience of 12 months of full-time editing on the system
- A background as an editor, assistant editor, director or producer is strongly recommended
There is an optional MC201 exam that can be taken at a later date, after you have become an Avid Certified User, and completed the Media Composer Professional I course.
To gain the title of Avid Certified Professional in Media Composer you must, first of all, be an Avid Certified User for Media Composer. Then, you sit two further courses, Media Composer Professional Editing I (MC201) and Media Composer Professional Editing II (MC210) before passing the associated certification exams for each.
Becoming an Avid Certified Professional for Media Composer allows you to:
- Demonstrate an advanced skill set in utilizing Media Composer to create high quality professional video assets
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with our online Certified Professional listing.
- Planning Your Edit
- Overview of Workflows
- Considerations When Starting a New Project
- Preparing the Project Settings
- Common Capture and Delivery Formats
- Storage Requirements
- Preparing the System
- Where Does Your Project and Associated Data Reside?
- Exploring Resolutions (Codecs)
- Reveal Bins: Which Final is Final?
- Media File Folders and Databases
- Audio Midpoint Attenuation
- Making a Duplicate Setting
- Input: Link or Import?
- Working With the Source Browser
- Using the Browser Tool to Link Media
- Working with Camera Cards
- Using the Source Browser Tool to Import Media
- Other Ways to Link or Import Media
- Workflow for Ingesting Media
- Consolidate vs. Transcode
- Background Consolidating or Transcoding
- How Media Composer Adapts Footage
- Aspect Ratio Issues with Standard Definition Footage
- Relinking to Files that have Moved
- Workflow for Offline to Online
- Preparing the Production Team
- Avid Multicamera Editing Workflows
- Creating Group Clips
- Setting Up for Multicamera Editing
- Editing a Multicamera Sequence
- Committing Multicamera Edits
- Creating Multigroup Clips
- Additional Grouping Methods: Ganging Footage in Monitors
- A New World of Editing
- The Timeline
- Sequence Templates and Favourite Bins
- Working with Tracks in the Timeline
- Cleaning Tracks
- Enhancing Functions with Modifier Keys
- Understanding Track Order
- Sequence Cleaning
- Sync Point Editing
- Working with Still Graphics
- Linking to a File
- Importing a File
- Importing Animated Graphics
- Batch Import in the Graphic workflow
- Editing Graphics and Logos with Alpha
- Animated Lower Thirds
- Importing Photoshop Layers
- Unlocking the Matte Key
- Adding Graphics in incubate
- Reviewing Effect Techniques
- Using the 3D Warp Effect
- Saving and Using Effect Templates
- Making a Video Wall
- Adding Some Animation
- Some Final Considerations for Keyframes
- Collapsing Tracks in the Timeline
- Understanding Perspective and Target
- A Quick Guide to the Remaining Features
- The Colour Correction Tool
- Colour Correction Workflow
- Semi-Automatic Correction
- Colour Cast Removal
- Using Correction Templates
- Keeping It Legal
- Preparing for the Audio Mix
- Understanding Tracks, Channels and Voices
- Workflow for Audio Mixing
- Applying Audio Effects
- Audio Effects: EQ
- Audio Effects: Dynamics
- Remove Hum at a Particular Frequency
- Remove Noise at a Particular Level
- What are your Delivery Requirements?
- Preparing for Output
- Closed Captions
- Final Considerations Before Output
- Output Options
- Archiving Your Project
- Introducing AS-02-Versioning
- Cleaning Up Your Media
- Performing a Data Mixdown
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to your shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
If you are an experienced Media Composer user looking to increase your skills and learn the advanced features of the program then this is the course for you. This Media Composer Professional Picture and Sound Editing course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to distinguish yourself as a true editing professional.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Media Composer Professional Picture and Sound Editing Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The trainer was very methodological and approachable. He made Avid conquerable.
Broad range of topics covered, including beyond the scope of the course.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.