The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course
The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course (MC110)From £486.50 With 90 day discount (3 days)
This 3 day hands-on Media Composer Fundamentals II is for video editors who understand the basics of the editing tools in Media Composer and are ready to move ahead and learn the fundamentals of creating effects within Avid Media Composer.
An intermediate course, Media Composer Fundamentals II is designed to teach students the technical and organization skills and develop their editorial skills with the tools and techniques required to produce a well-edited video.
Together with The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course, this beginners course to Avid Media Composer 8.6 provides the foundational training required to achieve the credential of Avid Certified User.
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 3||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This class is designed for anyone looking to add effects editing to their Media Composer skills and prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Fundamentals and Beyond
- Inputting Media
- Preparing Dailies
- Quick Editing Tools
- Cutting and Recutting a Scene
- Trimming Dialogue Scenes
- Mixing Sequence Audio
- Working with High-Resolution Images
- Creative Retiming Effects
- Tracking and Blurring Objects
- Introduction to Multilayer Effects
- Nesting Multiple Effects
- Creating ChromaKey Effects
- Animated Titles & Graphics
- Packaging and Export
- Managing Project Media
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Completion of the course The Media Composer Fundamentals I Course
- A working knowledge of Windows or Macintosh operating systems
- Experience video production or post-production is strongly recommended
To gain the title of Avid Certified User for Media Composer, you must take two foundational courses, Media Composer Fundamentals I (MC101) and Media Composer Fundamentals II (MC110), before sitting and passing the associated certification exam.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Media Composer verifies that you possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Media Composer, together with a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system.
Becoming an Avid Certified User for Media Composer allows you to:
- Demonstrate your user skills and that you have a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system
- Provide measurable benefits to your employer
- Differentiate yourself from peers
- Make your résumé stand out and leverage the power of the Avid brand with downloadable Avid Certified User logos
- Prove your credentials with a Certificate of Achievement
- Gain recognition from your employer and peers with Avid'sr online Certified Professional listing
Want to take your experience to the next level? Try The Media Composer Professional Picture and Sound Editing Course.
- Fundamental Concepts
- Learning the Basic Workflow
- Going Beyond HD
- Working in 4K
- Creating a New Project
- Setting up a Project
- Ways to Input Video and Audio Clips
- Using the Source Browser
- Linking Clips to Your Project
- Importing Media Files
- Importing Sequential Image Files
- Copying and Converting Linked Media
- Prepping for the Edit
- Adding Information to Dailies
- Sorting the Bin
- Filtering the Bin
- Creating Subclips
- Cloning Clips to Multiple Bins
- Opening a Bin from Another Project
- AutoSyncing Picture and Sound
- Grouping Clips
- Editing from the Bin
- Creating a Stringout Sequence
- Storyboard Editing
- Cutting Down a Sequence with Top and Tail
- Using the Extend Function
- Using Markers
- Mapping Buttons and Menus
- Copying and Updating User Settings
- Review of Basic Edit Tools
- Selecting Multiple Segments
- Alternate Ways to Use Sequences
- Finding Alternative Shots
- Essential Tools
- Understanding Trim
- The “Radio Edit” Technique
- Exploring Trim Mode
- Trimming On the Fly
- Creating Split Edits
- Maintaining Sync
- Slipping and Sliding Segments
- Mixing Audio Efficiently
- Setting Up for Audio Mixing
- Audio EQ Tool
- Keyframing Volume and Pan Changes
- Understanding Pan & Zoom Effects
- Exploring the Source Settings Dialog Box
- Using FrameFlex on 2K+ Clips
- Creating a Pan and Zoom Effect with FrameFlex
- Review of Freeze Frames and Motion Effects
- Creating Motion Effects to Fill a Duration
- Creating Timewarp Effects
- Timewarp Preset Effects
- Creating a Timewarp Effect
- Using the Anchor Frame
- Blurring Unwanted Objects
- Creating a Blur Effect
- Creating a Split-Screen Effect
- Using Advanced Keyframe Graphs
- Essential Tools
- Nesting Effects
- Changing the Order of Nested Effects
- Editing Inside a Nest
- Measuring Performance
- Adjusting Playback Quality
- Rendering Effects
- Understanding ExpertRender
- Different Keying Types
- Exploring the SpectraMatte
- Viewing the Matte Channel
- Cropping Out Garbage
- Adjusting the SpectraMatte
- Creating Titles with NewBlue Titler Pro
- Creating a Title
- AMA Linking to Real-Time Moving Matte Keys
- Understanding the Review Process
- Tools for Review
- Preparing for Output
- Packaging a Sequence
- Exporting a File
- Using the Send To Export Templates
- Exporting XDCAM Media
- Managing Your Media
- Deleting Media Files
- Understanding Consolidate and Transcode
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
|London Training Centre||26th Nov 2018||£486.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||22nd Oct 2018||£486.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||26th Sep 2018||£486.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||28th Aug 2018||£556.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||23rd Jul 2018||£625.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
Why Choose This Course?
If you are a video editor who already has a basic understanding of the media composer editing tools and want to take your skills to the next level then this is the course for you. The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course will teach you the fundamental techniques of this professional editing system and prepare you to take the Media Composer certification exam.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 19 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Media Composer Fundamentals II Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Instructor always willing to come over and help if having difficulty.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.