The Media Composer Grading with Symphony Course
The Media Composer Grading with Symphony Course (MC239)£800 (3 days)
This 3 day Media Composer Grading with Symphony Course will teach you the skills you need to successfully perform colour correction and grading on Avid editing systems.
The lessons contained herein will give you the skills needed to perform everything from simple colour corrections to creating a polished, multi-layer finished grade. Whether working on scripted dramas, documentaries, music videos, or commercial spots, you will learn the skills you need to succeed.
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 3||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This course is designed for intermediate to advanced editors who are involved in the finishing stage of the post-production process. The lessons assume that the delegate has the knowledge and skills taught in the companion Avid courses.
- Colour-Grading Fundamentals
- Analysing Images with Scopes
- Establishing the Base Grade
- Grading with Curves
- Matching Shots
- Stepping Up to Symphony
- Performing Secondary Corrections in Symphony
- Intraframe Effects: Avid's Hidden Secondaries
- Finishing the Grade
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Completion of Avid Media Composer 8: Editing Essentials (MC8 101) and Avid Media Composer 8: Effects Essentials (MC8 110) or equivalent experience of 12 months of full-time editing on the system
- A background as an editor, assistant editor, director or producer is strongly recommended.
Whilst there is no Avid certification for this course, our trainers are industry-experienced Avid Certified Instructors and Soho Editors is an Authorised Avid Training Partner. Additionally you will receive a certificate from Soho Editors upon completion of the course.
Want to take your experience to the next level? Try The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 11 Studio Course.
- Before You Grade
- Core Colour-Grading Workflow
- Colour Correction Mode
- Video Scopes
- Colour Science
- Speed Dating
- Overview of Scope Displays
- Performing a Primary Correction
- Using Tonal Controls in HSL
- Using Chroma Controls in HSL
- Identifying the Curves Controls
- Exploring Curves Adjustments
- Performing a Primary Grade Using Curves
- Grading a Sequence in Curves
- Methods of Shot Matching
- Using the Colour Match Controls
- Understanding NaturalMatch
- Working with Colour Correction Effect Templates
- The Added Power of Advanced Tools
- Identifying Symphony's Advanced Tools
- Understanding the Symphony Grading Workflow
- Understanding the Levels Group
- Understanding the Channels Group
- Understanding Secondary Corrections in Symphony
- Understanding Luma Ranges
- Using Luma Ranges
- Exploring the Secondary Group
- Performing Vector-Based Corrections
- Exploring Avid's Shape-Based Secondary Tools
- Using the Spot Colour Effect
- Using the Paint Effect
- Using AniMatte to Create Spot Corrections
- What's in a Look?
- Techniques for Applying Looks
- Keyframing Colour Changes
- Creating Popular Looks
- Managing Multiple Grades
- Delivering Safe Colours
- Rendering Effects with ExpertRender
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
|London Training Centre||7th Feb 2018||£800.00|
Why Choose This Course?
This Media Composer Grading with Symphony course will teach you professional colour grading techniques and correction on Avid Symphony. This course will give you the skills needed to perform everything from simple colour corrections to creating a polished, multi-layer finished grade.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
Pay by instalments (interest free). Choose between 6, 10 or 12 month terms for an interest free loan. Find out more.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Media Composer Grading with Symphony Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking