The Media Composer Conversion Course for Editors
The Media Composer Conversion Course for Editors (MC250)From £381.50 With 90 day discount (2 days)
This two day hands-on Avid Media Composer Conversion course introduces experienced editors to the primary feature set and interface of Avid Media Composer 8.
This course translates the delegate's existing editing talents to the Avid skill set. In this course,editors will learn Avid Media Composer editing operations: capturing, sound editing, creating bins and sequences, as well as Avid's extensive effects package, real time color correcting and numerous tips and keyboard shortcuts for everything in between.
|London Training Centre||3rd Jun 2019||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||21st Mar 2019||£381.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||17th Jan 2019||£490.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||29th Nov 2018||£545.00|
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This Avid conversion course is ideal for the veteran Editor looking to transfer their skills to Avid Media Composer.
- Introducing Tools & Workflow
- Basic Editing
- Timeline Editing
- Audio Editing
- Customising Settings
- Colour Correction
- Creating titles with Avid Marquee
- Capturing Tape-based Media
- Working with file-based media
- Managing Your Project and Media
- Delivering Finished Work
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Advanced knowledge of using Final Cut Pro 7 or similar NLEs is required
Whilst there is no Avid certification for this course, our trainers are industry-experienced Avid Certified Instructors and Soho Editors is an Authorised Avid Training Partner. Additionally you will receive a certificate from Soho Editors upon completion of the course.
- Creating and opening a project
- The project window
- Exploring the interface
- Loading and marking clips
- Editing to the timeline
- Saving your work
- Playing and marking clips
- Creating a sequence
- Removing material from a sequence
- Creating subclips
- Creating subsequences
- Storyboard editing
- Extracting top and tail
- Working with tracks
- Editing shots with segment mode
- Avid trimming
- Trimming types and processes
- Additional methods for adding and removing frames
- Slipping and sliding segments
- Adjusting levels and pan with the Audio Mixer tool
- Adjusting audio gain using keyframes
- Audio gain automation real-time recording
- Viewing and changing settings
- Mapping buttons and menu items
- Configuring the timeline
- Using toolsets
- Accessing and applying effects
- Using keyframes
- Saving and applying effect templates
- Nesting effects
- Using the colour correction toolset
- Using automatic correction
- Working in Marquee
- Creating title text
- Formatting and enhancing text
- Working with shapes
- Saving to your bins
- Editing and revising titles
- Working with the capture tool
- Capturing footage
- The Avid media access workflow
- Working with P2, XDCAM, RED & Quicktime media
- Importing image or video files
- Importing audio files
- Customising text view
- Sorting and sifting clips
- Moving and copying clips
- Using the media tool
- Deleting clips and media
- Tape based delivery
- File based delivery
- Creating EDLs
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
You have edited for years and now you are looking to switch to Media Composer. This Media Composer Conversion Course is the perfect transition, covering all the basics from importing straight through to export.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Media Composer for Final Cut Pro 7 Editors Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Mike B. I thought he was excellent, very thorough and perfect for my skill level.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.