VIRTUAL ONLINE: Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course
VIRTUAL ONLINE: Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course (FCP101V)From £245.00 With 28 day discount (3 days)
Our three day hands-on Beginners Final Cut Pro X: Professional Post Production Editing Training Course teaches trainees to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface.
Our Online Final Cut Pro X class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who will benefit from hands-on training and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
|Online Classroom||15th Jul 2020||£245.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
|Online Classroom||28th Oct 2020||£245.0030% Advance Booking Discount|
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
- Optional: Purchase an Apple Certified Final Cut Pro X Exam. Find out more about certification.
Course Times - 3 Days
|Morning Break||11:30 - 15 Minute Break|
|Q&A||13:00 - Half Hour|
|Lunch||13:30 - 1 Hour break|
|Afternoon Break||15:30 - 15 Minute Break|
|Q&A||16:30 - Half Hour|
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Creating Smart Collections to organise media based on metadata and keywords.
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
- Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
- Fine tuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
- Finishing and final output.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
This course has an Apple Final Cut Pro X Certified Pro Exam available which is not included in the fee for the course.
- The exam must be taken in our Central London Training Centre. This cannot be offered Online.
- Your first exam when booked with a course will cost £100. Please contact us to book your exam with your course.
- All Apple Certified Pro Exams are available without taking a course for £125. Contact us to book your exam.
- Exam retakes - An exam can be retaken after 7 days and all retakes cost £75.
- This exam must be taken at a later, it is not available to be taken on the last day of your course.
- Understand the basic Final Cut Pro X workflow
- Define the clip, event, and library containers
- Understand the differences between internal and external media files
- Create a camera archive
- Import files using Media Import and the Finder
- Apply keywords to a clip and clip ranges
- Search and filter clips by keywords
- Add notes and ratings to a clip
- Create Smart Collections
- Detect people and composition within clips
- Understand and assign roles
- Create a project
- Understand the attraction and repulsion behaviors of a storyline
- Append, insert, and rearrange clips within a primary storyline
- Batch edit a storyboard of clips
- Ripple, Roll, and Slip edit clips
- Use the Blade tool
- Replace with a gap clip, ripple delete, and join through edit
- Perform connect edits
- Create and edit in a connected storyline
- Adjust audio levels
- Share the project to a media file
- Define and distinguish between the two types of project duplication
- Understand the replace edit options
- Use markers for clip sync and task notes
- Create and edit with an audition clip
- Refine clip duration using Trim to Playhead and Trim to Selection
- Vary the playback speed of clips
- Modify the look of clips with effects
- Use transitions
- Adjust the transform and compositing controls
- Create compound clips
- Add and modify a lower third
- Add and modify a 3D title
- Split-edit audio and video
- Keyframe audio
- Adjust an image using the Color Board, Color Wheels, and Color Curves
- Export to a media file
- Post media to an online host
- Create a bundle for multiple platforms
- Understand the XML workflow
- Integrate Compressor export options
- Differentiate between external and internal media
- Import media as referenced and managed
- Move and copy clips within and between libraries
- Consolidate media files in one location
- Identify manual options for new projects
- Sync dual system recordings
- Create a chroma key
- Understand the multicam workflow
- Configure for 360º video editing
- Create and share closed captioning
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
For this course, you will need:
- Own machine capable of running the latest version of Final Cut Pro X
- Internet Access
- The latest version of Final Cut Pro X installed
- Access to a Microphone
- Access to headphones or place you can play audio aloud from your computer
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The ONLINE: Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!