The Advanced Final Cut Pro X Course
The Advanced Final Cut Pro X Course (FCP300)£695
This three-day, hands-on Advanced Final Cut Pro X Training Course teaches hard-to-find advanced editing and finishing techniques.
Learn how to create fantastic effects using filters creatively, colour correct like a pro, and create complex audio mixes. This course also covers advanced collaborative workflows with third party applications, a quick introduction into Motion and Compressor.
Make An Enquiry
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
Course Times - 3 Days
|Morning Break||11:30 - 15 Minute Break|
|Lunch||13:30 - 1 Hour break|
|Afternoon Break||15:30 - 15 Minute Break|
This class is designed for those who already have a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X who understand standard Final Cut Pro X capabilities (Libraries, Events, Projects, Viewer, Inspector, Browser), importing, logging, editing and the fundamentals of the magnetic timeline and who want to increase their skills by learning advanced features and efficient workflows.
- Working with Compound Clips and auditions
- Organising projects with advanced Metadata techniques
- Targeting specific areas to colour correct with shape and colour masks
- Fine tuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor
- Working with Compressor
- Creating custom effects and transitions
- Finishing and final output.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation.
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is required.
- A comprehensive understanding of Final Cut Pro X is required. Preferably you will have attended our Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course, or have the equivalent experience.
Unfortunately, there is no Apple Certified Exam for this course. However, if you are interested in being Final Cut Pro X Certified, our Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course is accompanied with the certification exam.
- Modifying Edits
- Reviewing Editing Basics
- Using Secondary Storylines
- Understanding Compound Clips.
- Creating Auditions
- Modifying Auditions
- Using Auditions and Effects
- Setting Sound Levels
- Creating Audio Fades
- Panning Audio
- Managing Audio Channels.
- Sound Mixing using Audio Roles and Lanes
- Understanding Equalisation
- Controlling Audio Effects
- Animating Audio Effects.
- Using Multicamera Footage
- Creating a Multicam Clip
- Editing with Multicam Clips
- Modifying a Multicam Clip.
- Using Keying and Masking Effects
- Compositing Generators.
- Green screen compositing
- Working with Generators & Titles
- Creating complex multi layered graphics
- Transforming Animating Clips
- Working With Effects
- Creating 3D Titles
- Using Roles With Titles.
- Using an Appropriate Display
- Using the Highest Quality Media
- Using Video Scopes.
- Using the Colour Controls
- Adjusting Colour Temperature Creatively
- Using the Global Colour Control.
- Advanced Colour Correction
- Using Colour wheels and curves
- Working with LUT's
- Understanding Shot Matching
- Matching Clips Automatically
- Matching Clips Manually.
- Using Colour Masks
- Using Shapes To Target Frame Regions
- Combining Shapes and Masks.
- Exporting Projects and Media for Finishing
- Outputting with Compressor
- Using Advanced Compressor Features.
- Media management techniques
- UHD workflows and Proxy Media
- Advanced search techniques
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your Pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
|Days in Advance||Savings|
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Advanced Final Cut Pro X Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Very insightful and taught at a perfect pace.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!