Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course
Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course (FCP101)From £346.50 With 90 day discount (3 days)
Our three day hands-on Beginners Final Cut Pro X: Professional Post Production Editing Training Course teaches trainees to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface.
Beginners will learn how to work with new features including the Automatic Import features, Media Management and Improved Timeline.
Our Final Cut Pro X class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who will benefit from hands-on training and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
|London Training Centre||16th Dec 2019||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||25th Nov 2019||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||21st Oct 2019||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||23rd Sep 2019||£396.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||14th Aug 2019||£445.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||22nd Jul 2019||£495.00|
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
- Optional: Purchase an Apple Certified Final Cut Pro X Exam. Find out more about certification.
|Days 1 -3||10 am - 5:00 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Creating Smart Collections to organise media based on metadata and keywords.
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
- Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
- Fine tuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
- Finishing and final output.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
This course has an Apple Final Cut Pro X Certified Pro Exam available which is not included in the fee for the course.
- Your first exam when booked with a course will cost £100. Please contact us to book your exam with your course.
- All Apple Certified Pro Exams are available without taking a course for £125. Contact us to book your exam.
- Exam retakes - An exam can be retaken after 7 days and all retakes cost £75.
- This exam must be taken at a later, it is not available to be taken on the last day of your course.
- Understand the basic Final Cut Pro X workflow
- Define the clip, event, and library containers
- Understand the differences between internal and external media files
- Create a camera archive
- Import files using Media Import and the Finder
- Apply keywords to a clip and clip ranges
- Search and filter clips by keywords
- Add notes and ratings to a clip
- Create Smart Collections
- Detect people and composition within clips
- Understand and assign roles
- Create a project
- Understand the attraction and repulsion behaviors of a storyline
- Append, insert, and rearrange clips within a primary storyline
- Batch edit a storyboard of clips
- Ripple, Roll, and Slip edit clips
- Use the Blade tool
- Replace with a gap clip, ripple delete, and join through edit
- Perform connect edits
- Create and edit in a connected storyline
- Adjust audio levels
- Share the project to a media file
- Define and distinguish between the two types of project duplication
- Understand the replace edit options
- Use markers for clip sync and task notes
- Create and edit with an audition clip
- Refine clip duration using Trim to Playhead and Trim to Selection
- Vary the playback speed of clips
- Modify the look of clips with effects
- Use transitions
- Adjust the transform and compositing controls
- Create compound clips
- Add and modify a lower third
- Add and modify a 3D title
- Split-edit audio and video
- Keyframe audio
- Adjust an image using the Color Board, Color Wheels, and Color Curves
- Export to a media file
- Post media to an online host
- Create a bundle for multiple platforms
- Understand the XML workflow
- Integrate Compressor export options
- Differentiate between external and internal media
- Import media as referenced and managed
- Move and copy clips within and between libraries
- Consolidate media files in one location
- Identify manual options for new projects
- Sync dual system recordings
- Create a chroma key
- Understand the multicam workflow
- Configure for 360º video editing
- Create and share closed captioning
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
This Final Cut Pro X course will take you through the professional editing workflow from start to finish. This is the best place to start if you are an Editor, Producer or Assistant and want an in-depth look at Final Cut Pro X.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Final Cut Pro X: The Professional Post Production Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
I asked loads of questions and Alex knew exactly what I meant, even if I had no idea what I was asking. Great Instructor! Very Thorough. I learned more tools than I anticipated!
useful with so many short cuts that will 100% help and further my career, thanks!
I loved the course design, specifically working on several projects to add variety and a sense of accomplishment when tasks were completed.
Above all, though, I have to commend John for his teaching. Friendly & easy-going, he set the right pace and made what might have been, in other hands, rather dry material, into a fascinating journey.
Absolutely brill, very professional and knowledgeable. Students, staff and myself were really impressed.
Non-competitive, calm environment. No assumption we had prior knowledge. John Was really informative.
Amazing course. I have not enjoyed a training course as much before.
Good course structure with good learning objectives. Very attentive and clear instructor.
A really worthwhile and excellent 3 days.
Alex was fantastic - felt like I knew the training I was getting was from someone very knowledgeable and experienced.
This really was an excellent course - I loved it.
Lots of opportunity to review what we'd done. Trainer always ready to re-explain if required.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.