The Advanced Photoshop Course
The Advanced Photoshop Course (PS300)£545
This two day Advanced Photoshop Training Course lets you build on your existing skills and explore all of the more advanced techniques available when working with this increasingly powerful software package.
The course uses the latest Creative Cloud version of Photoshop and covers all that is new in that version, so is suitable as an overview of the changes in Photoshop CC as well as being a course where you can learn a lot more about using Photoshop if you are already pretty experienced with it.
The Advanced Photoshop Course covers a great deal and should leave you feeling like an real pro.
Make An Enquiry
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
Course Times - 2 Days
|Morning Break||11:30 - 15 Minute Break|
|Lunch||13:30 - 1 Hour break|
|Afternoon Break||15:30 - 15 Minute Break|
- Recap, Making Selections
- Content Aware tools and options
- Painting modes and layer Blend modes
- Masks, Shapes
- Montages and vignettes
- History Panel
- Sharpening, blurring and resizing techniques
- Automation and Scripts in Photoshop and Bridge
- Best practices.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- A comprehensive knowledge of Photoshop, preferably you have taken our Adobe Photoshop Intermediate course.
Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop ACA Certification
The Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop exam validates entry-level skills in communication corresponding to Photoshop software. Exam objectives include Setting Project requirements, Identifying design elements when preparing images, Understanding Photoshop, Manipulating Images and Publishing digital images. Find out more.
- Recap and consolidation of material covered on the Photoshop Fundamentals and Intermediate courses to make sure there is nothing you have missed!
- Improved selection and editing techniques, covering new and revised CC tools and functions
- Duplicating layers
- Vector Layers. Video Layers and animation.
- Preserve transparency and locking layers. Grouping
- Adjustment layers and adjustment layer masks. Layer comps.
- Preserve transparency and locking layers.
- Using layer auto alignment and blending.
- Using Layer search.
- Smart objects.
- Detailed use of 3D layers including live 3D edit and texture editing (including new CC features such as the revised 3D workspace).
- Using Puppet Warp
- Using Content Aware tools and options
- Using and understanding blend modes.
- Painting with other modes.
- Working smarter with the brushes
- Clipping masks.
- Alpha Channels.
- Layer masks
- Clipping paths to create selected areas
- Using displacement maps with type to create special effects
- Using the Pen Tool to select and paint.
- Working with and editing shapes
- Creating and importing custom shapes, e.g. logos for re-use
- Saving in shapes panel
- Creating realistic photo montages to include reflections on various surface types (eg metal, water etc) and custom shadows.
- Using the Masks panel for creating editable, feathered, density-controlled masks.
- Using, adjusting and creating textures
- Pixel types, anamorphic aspect ratios
- Creating, importing, editing and outputting movies and animations with the revised Timeline panel.
- Video painting, cloning and text on multiple frames
- Reverting to snapshots
- Using the history brush for effects
- Sharpening and blurring.
- Blurring with layers.
- Interpolation modes for size changes and cropping
- PDF presentation.
- Automated Batch processing. Droplets
- Web Gallery.
- SEO metatags and keywords.
- Using Adobe Kuler for creating and sharing colour schemes.
- Batch-processing several files
- File formats.
- Faster and smarter techniques to use.
- Creative Cloud functionality and synchronising.
- Mobile devices
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Advanced Photoshop Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use right away, to ensure that there is nothing you cannot do in Photoshop with speed and expertise.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
All areas of the course were beneficial to me. I really liked the way John took the time to explain how certain new aspects of Photoshop can be used to improve work flow - file handling and using different programs / software with Photoshop. Also the way we were shown different effects / filters in great detail. John then went over certain things again to insure we learnt them properly.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!