The Advanced InDesign Course
The Advanced InDesign Course (ID300)
An advanced course for users who want to know everything about what InDesign is capable of and how to get the best out of that capability. This course uses the CC (Creative Cloud) version of InDesign, and so it also serves as a good introduction to the changes in the latest version of the software and how they can help you work smarter and faster.
Make An Enquiry
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- A good knowledge of InDesign, preferably you will have taken our Adobe InDesign intermediate course.
This 2 day Advanced InDesign course is suitable for people with good InDesign experience who want to gain extensive knowledge of the software.
- Interactive Functions
- Layers, Managing Styles
- Long Documents
- Handling Page Elements
- Advanced Graphics
- Developing Complex Paths
- Administering External Files.
Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign ACA Certification
The Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign exam validates entry-level skills in publishing corresponding to InDesign software. Exam objectives include Setting Project requirements, Identifying Design Elements When Preparing Page Layouts, Understanding Adobe InDesign, Creating Page Layouts by Using Adobe InDesign, Publish, Export, and Archive Page Layouts by Using Adobe InDesign. Find out more.
- Create and export interactive mouse-driven documents
- Create and export animations
- Create and export interactive web pages
- Create interactive PDF forms
- Create QR codes
- Create mobile device content
- Update InDesign to be mobile content ready.
- Layers Panel
- Create layered multi-lingual documents with selective output
- Create or import cutter formes using layers
- Moving across layers
- Advanced layer options.
- Manage Style Overrides
- Base One Style on Another
- GREP and Nested Styles
- Import Styles
- Redefine Styles
- Advanced find and replace searches.
- Page Palette and working with pages
- Text Flow and Links
- Multiple Master Pages
- Numbering Pages and Sections
- Making, Synchronising & Packaging Books
- Creating tables of Contents
- Off-page control features.
- Place Inline Graphics
- Handle Text Layout
- Create Duplicate Items
- Create Anchored Objects.
- File Types
- Multiple image placement
- Importing options
- Create custom gatefold documents
- Adobe Photoshop support
- Adobe PDF layer support
- Selectively display layers and layer comps
- Image Frames simple
- Compound & custom
- Fitting images
- Control Palette and shortcuts
- Custom uses for Anchored Objects
- Clipping Paths
- Alpha channels
- Importing InDesign and Quark XPress documents.
- Create Bezier Paths
- Create Compound Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Type Outlines.
- Locate Assets Using Adobe Bridge
- Merge Data
- Import Layered Files
- Export PDF Files
- Export XHTML Files
- Advanced print, export and output options
- Animation and web page creation
- Nesting animations in PDFs.
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
You already know a lot of things InDesign can do and you use it regularly, but you know it can do more and you want to know what all those menus and panels you never use do. Or maybe you want to expand what you are producing, perhaps make iPhone or Android Apps with it? Animated web content? Or automate it using scripting and more?
You do? Then this is the course for you.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Advanced InDesign Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking