The Intermediate Illustrator Course
The Intermediate Illustrator Course (IL200)£495
This intensive, hands-on two day Intermediate Illustrator training Course is designed to teach delegates how to create complex illustrations, manage colour across a range of devices, work with graphs and variables, control how illustrations appear on print and the web, and preview them on mobile devices.
Make An Enquiry
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2x 10 min breaks)|
This course is suitable for people with some experience of Illustrator who want to improve their knowledge and abilities.
- Creating Complex Illustrations
- Enhancing Complex Illustrations
- Creating a Vector Version of a Raster Graphic
- Creating Special Effects
- Working with Graphs
- Working with Variables
- Outputting Documents
- Exporting Graphics for the Web and Mobile Devices
- Effects & Filters
- Drawing in perspective
- Working With Layers
- Text In Illustrator
- Web work
- Print work
- Image Output
- Automating Tasks.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- A comprehensive understanding of Illustrator. Preferably you will have attended The Introduction to Illustrator course or have the equivalent experience.
Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator ACA Certification
The Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam validates entry-level skills in graphic design and illustration corresponding to Illustrator software. Exam objectives include Setting Project Requirements, Identifying Design Elements Used When Preparing Graphics, Understanding Adobe Illustrator, Create Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator and Archive, Export, and Publish Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator. Find out more.
- Create a Custom Shape Using Simple Shapes
- Create Compound Paths
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Offset Paths
- Erase Shapes.
- Create Symbols
- Organise Objects with Layers
- Create a Pattern Swatch
- Create a Mesh
- Create Custom Brushes
- Apply Colour Using Live Paint
- Recolour Artwork.
- Trace Artwork Automatically
- Adjust the Results of Tracing
- Create a Custom Preset
- Convert a Traced Object to Paths
- Improved CC tracing options.
- Apply Effects
- Create Masks
- Simplify Path
- Create Blend
- Share Graphic Styles
- Create 3D Effects.
- Create a Graph
- Format a Graph.
- Create Variables
- Create Data Sets.
- Create an Artboard
- Set Up Colour Management
- Preview an Overprint
- Apply Spot Colours
- Print a Composite Proof
- Create Colour Separations
- Create an Adobe PDF File.
- Work with Actions
- Export a File as an SWF File
- Create Slices
- Add Interactivity to an SVG File
- Preview an Illustration for Mobile Devices.
- Understanding Illustrator’s Filter and Effects menu
- Distort & Transform
- Effect Gallery.
- Choosing a Perspective Grid preset
- The Perspective Grid tool
- The Perspective Selection tool
- Setting Perspective Grid options
- Setting plane options
- Adjusting the perspective grid
- Drawing new objects in perspective
- Attaching art to a perspective plane
- Mapping a perspective grid to a photo or drawing
- Using the Plane Switching widget
- Defining and editing grid presets
- Using keyboard shortcuts to speed up drawing.
- Creating and understanding Layers
- Selecting and arranging Layers
- Duplicating Layer content
- Applying Layer Options
- Releasing and flattening Layers
- Animating and outputting Flash files using layers.
- Improved CC type tool
- Creating and threading multiple text container
- Modifying threaded tex
- Modifying Area Type Option
- Type flow into a shape
- Text on a Path Options
- Using Text Wrap and options
- Using Character and Paragraph Styles
- Special characters with the Glyph Palette
- Setting up Hyphenations and Justifications
- Customising Tabs
- Ensuring correct output.
- Converting logos to symbols for reuse
- Using the symbol spray to instance symbols around page
- Manipulating and updating symbols.
- Slicing to create entire web pages
- Exporting to SWF with Flash symbol support
- Deprecated Flash Text features.
- Setting up for professional printing
- Understanding transparency flattening
- Creating Crop Marks
- Page Tiling
- Exporting Multiple Page PDF
- Using the Area Crop Tool to export pre-defined areas
- Setting up the Document Raster Effect Setting.
- Saving, exporting and printing artboards independently or together
- Separations Preview - identifying unexpected spot colours
- Overprinting issues
- CMYK blacks in text and placed files.
- Creating and recording Actions
- Using Custom actions for automation and Batching
- Running a Batch
- Loading and saving Action Sets.
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Perhaps you already use Illustrator for drawing logos, maps and other bits and pieces, but never seem to get time to explore all the other things you suspect it can do, or maybe you would like to speed up what you do and give a touch more panache? If this is you, then this is the course for you!
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
If you are reasonably familiar with Illustrator, but feel you could use it more creatively and wish to speed things up as well as take them up a level, then this course is for you.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.