The Advanced Illustrator Course
The Advanced Illustrator Course (IL300)
Intended to improve your abilities in Illustrator to take full advantage of its features. Attending this course you will preferably have taken our Illustrator (Intermediate) course or be reasonably confident with the program. This course uses the latest CC (Creative Cloud) version of Illustrator, and so is also suitable as an overview of what is new in the latest version and to familiarise yourself with changes to the GUI if you have been using an earlier version.
Make An Enquiry
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2x 10 min breaks)|
This 2 day Advanced Adobe Illustrator Course is suitable for people with good Illustrator experience who want to gain extensive knowledge of the software.
- Using Bridge to find, sort and manage files
- Drawing, Brush effects
- Working with patterns
- Modifications and special effects
- Working With Colour
- Graphic Styles
- Effects & Filters
- Drawing in perspective
- Working With Layers
- Text In Illustrator
- Web Work
- Print Work
- Image Output
- Automating Tasks
- Creative Cloud Options.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- A comprehensive understanding of Illustrator. Preferably you will have attended The Introduction to Illustrator course, The Intermediate Illustrator Course or have the equivalent experience.
Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator ACA Certification
The Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam validates entry-level skills in graphic design and illustration corresponding to Illustrator software. Exam objectives include Setting Project Requirements, Identifying Design Elements Used When Preparing Graphics, Understanding Adobe Illustrator, Create Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator and Archive, Export, and Publish Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator. Find out more.
- Understanding the interface
- Previewing files in different modes
- Rating and labeling
- Assigning Keywords
- Batch Rename
- Synchronising Adobe’s Colour Workspace.
- Creating shapes
- Getting full control of the pen tool
- Amending, splitting, joining and manipulating paths
- Using Shape Builder to combine, edit and fill shapes
- Using templates, pencil and smooth.
- Modifying the brush options
- Editing existing and creating new brushes.
- Creating simple patterns
- Defining artwork as a pattern.
- Transformations including blending shapes and the Gradient Mesh tool to create realistic artwork
- Pathfinder panel and compound paths including the live compound tool
- Using the appearance panel for live editing
- Clipping Masks - viewing only the clipped area of your objects during editing
- Using Isolation Mode
- Edit Clipping Path for more control.
- Applying Warp and Mash Envelopes
- Expanding and releasing
- Edit Envelope contents
- Creating custom Envelope shapes.
- Flare tool
- Distort tool including the warp and liquify tools
- Using effects and graphic styles
- Working with masks and transparency
- Grids including the polar and arc grids
- Other selection tools.
- Creating and applying Masks
- Modifying and updating mask content.
- Understanding Illustrators Swatches
- Creating Gradient and Pattern Swatches
- Working with colour Guide
- Creating Live Paint Objects
- Loading Pantone Libraries
- Saving and exporting Swatches
- Working with Gradient Mashes
- Customising the working spaces for accurate colour reproduction on screen and in print.
- Understanding Illustrator’s Graphic Styles
- Creating and applying Graphic Styles
- Loading and saving Graphic Style Presets.
- Understanding Illustrator’s Filter and Effects menu
- Distort & Transform
- Effect Gallery.
- Choosing a Perspective Grid preset
- The Perspective Grid tool
- The Perspective Selection tool
- Setting Perspective Grid options
- Setting plane options
- Adjusting the perspective grid
- Drawing new objects in perspective
- Attaching art to a perspective plane
- Mapping a perspective grid to a photo or drawing
- Using the Plane Switching widget
- Defining and editing grid presets
- Using keyboard shortcuts to speed up drawing.
- Creating and understanding Layers
- Selecting and arranging Layers
- Duplicating Layer content
- Applying Layer Options
- Releasing and flattening Layers
- Animating and outputting Flash files using layers.
- Improved Touch Type features
- Creating and threading multiple text containers
- Modifying threaded text, Modifying Area Type Options
- Type flow into a shape
- Text on a Path Options
- Using Text Wrap and options
- Using Character and Paragraph Styles
- Special characters with the Glyph Palette
- Setting up Hyphenations and Justifications
- Customising Tabs
- Ensuring correct output
- Deprecated Flash Text features.
- Converting logos to symbols for reuse
- Using the symbol spray to instance symbols around page
- Manipulating and updating symbols.
- Slicing to create entire web pages
- Exporting to SWF with Flash symbol support.
- Setting up for professional printing
- Understanding transparency flattening
- Creating Crop Marks
- Page Tiling
- Exporting Multiple Page PDF
- Using the Area Crop Tool to export pre-defined areas
- Setting up the Document Raster Effect Setting.
- Saving, exporting and printing artboards independently or together
- Separations Preview - identifying unexpected spot colours, overprinting issues, and CMYK blacks in text and placed files.
- Creating and recording Actions
- Using Custom actions for automation and Batching
- Running a Batch
- Loading and saving Action Sets.
- Ideas - Using and synching Illustrator on a mobile device.
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your Pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Illustrator has come a long way in the quarter of a century since it first appeared, and its capabilities have increased massively; it isn’t just for doing pretty drawing and designing logos any more, it can do everything from creating animations, web content, 3D content and a whole lot more besides. So if you are using Illustrator, but want to supercharge your skills and get the most out of the world’s premier vector drawing program, this is the course for you. The course will also streamline a lot of what you already know how to do, making everything you create in Illustrator faster, slicker and more impressive.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
Supercharge your technique; this course takes you up in terms of skill and technique, to get more out of the software and enable you to do so quickly. It is based on real-world production knowledge which you can put to use immediately to speed up your workflow.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking