Advanced Illustrator Course
Advanced Illustrator Course (IL300)
Our 2 day hands-on Advanced Illustrator Training Course is Intended to improve your abilities in the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC to take full advantage of its features.
Attending this course you will preferably have taken our Intermediate Illustrator Course or be reasonably confident with the program.
Learn Adobe Illustrator 2 Ways!
Learn Illustrator in our dedicated central London Classroom or perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
No matter how you choose to learn, they all cover the same lesson plan and are delivered by our amazing Certified Adobe Professional Trainers, and fully backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Check out our comparison chart below to see what’s included.
Make An Enquiry
- Understanding the interface
- Previewing files in different modes
- Rating and labeling
- Assigning Keywords
- Batch Rename
- Synchronising Adobe’s Colour Workspace.
- Creating shapes
- Getting full control of the pen tool
- Amending, splitting, joining and manipulating paths
- Using Shape Builder to combine, edit and fill shapes
- Using templates, pencil and smooth.
- Modifying the brush options
- Editing existing and creating new brushes.
- Creating simple patterns
- Defining artwork as a pattern.
- Transformations including blending shapes and the Gradient Mesh tool to create realistic artwork
- Pathfinder panel and compound paths including the live compound tool
- Using the appearance panel for live editing
- Clipping Masks - viewing only the clipped area of your objects during editing
- Using Isolation Mode
- Edit Clipping Path for more control.
- Applying Warp and Mash Envelopes
- Expanding and releasing
- Edit Envelope contents
- Creating custom Envelope shapes.
- Flare tool
- Distort tool including the warp and liquify tools
- Using effects and graphic styles
- Working with masks and transparency
- Grids including the polar and arc grids
- Other selection tools.
- Creating and applying Masks
- Modifying and updating mask content.
- Understanding Illustrators Swatches
- Creating Gradient and Pattern Swatches
- Working with colour Guide
- Creating Live Paint Objects
- Loading Pantone Libraries
- Saving and exporting Swatches
- Working with Gradient Mashes
- Customising the working spaces for accurate colour reproduction on screen and in print.
- Understanding Illustrator’s Graphic Styles
- Creating and applying Graphic Styles
- Loading and saving Graphic Style Presets.
- Understanding Illustrator’s Filter and Effects menu
- Distort & Transform
- Effect Gallery.
- Choosing a Perspective Grid preset
- The Perspective Grid tool
- The Perspective Selection tool
- Setting Perspective Grid options
- Setting plane options
- Adjusting the perspective grid
- Drawing new objects in perspective
- Attaching art to a perspective plane
- Mapping a perspective grid to a photo or drawing
- Using the Plane Switching widget
- Defining and editing grid presets
- Using keyboard shortcuts to speed up drawing.
- Creating and understanding Layers
- Selecting and arranging Layers
- Duplicating Layer content
- Applying Layer Options
- Releasing and flattening Layers
- Animating and outputting Flash files using layers.
- Improved Touch Type features
- Creating and threading multiple text containers
- Modifying threaded text, Modifying Area Type Options
- Type flow into a shape
- Text on a Path Options
- Using Text Wrap and options
- Using Character and Paragraph Styles
- Special characters with the Glyph Palette
- Setting up Hyphenations and Justifications
- Customising Tabs
- Ensuring correct output
- Deprecated Flash Text features.
- Converting logos to symbols for reuse
- Using the symbol spray to instance symbols around page
- Manipulating and updating symbols.
- Slicing to create entire web pages
- Exporting to SWF with Flash symbol support.
- Setting up for professional printing
- Understanding transparency flattening
- Creating Crop Marks
- Page Tiling
- Exporting Multiple Page PDF
- Using the Area Crop Tool to export pre-defined areas
- Setting up the Document Raster Effect Setting.
- Saving, exporting and printing artboards independently or together
- Separations Preview - identifying unexpected spot colours, overprinting issues, and CMYK blacks in text and placed files.
- Creating and recording Actions
- Using Custom actions for automation and Batching
- Running a Batch
- Loading and saving Action Sets.
- Ideas - Using and synching Illustrator on a mobile device.
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your Pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 14||Nil|
|15 - 29||10%|
|30 - 44||20%|
Supercharge your technique; this course takes you up in terms of skill and technique, to get more out of the software and enable you to do so quickly. It is based on real-world production knowledge which you can put to use immediately to speed up your workflow.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Learn how you want, with 2 delivery styles!
Learn in our dedicated central London Classroom with our standard course or perhaps Bespoke Training is what you need, we can tailor any course to your requirements.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!