Video Editor - ref: SET460
Video Editor - ref: SET460
Role: Video Editor
About the Client:
One of the world’s most pioneering sports & lifestyle agency. They pride themselves in building innovative, ground-breaking campaigns and ideas in sponsorship & brand partnerships, brand experiences and digital communications.
Their clients include blue chip B2B and B2C brands headquartered both in the UK and internationally. As such, they have developed a world-class delivery and approach to client servicing that helps us activate campaigns across multiple markets and channels. Their ethos is to be brave and challenge convention, listen and be collaborative, and above all be a trusted partner.
Clients include the following and their partnerships across top level sports, motorsports and lifestyle brands: DHL, Castrol, BP, Visa, Canon, Tata Communications, Arla, Dunlop, Ardbeg & Glenmorangie.
They are looking for a mid/senior level video editor with motion graphics skills, to support with video edits. You will work closely with our Creative Lead, Creative Director and account teams to produce a wide range of moving image work — from eye-catching looping Instagram posts to engaging longer-form brand films. You will be expected to take ownership of your work and deliver client-ready output.
Flexibility, wide-ranging skillsets and lateral thinking are key to the success of their studio. They have team members that can work across editing, motion graphics, 3D environments, illustration and traditional design. The ideal candidate will have a great personality, at least 6 years’ experience in the industry and be experienced with fast-paced video editing and creative animation.
You must be very comfortable with Adobe Premiere and After Effects, and have enough familiarity with Photoshop and Illustrator to create and edit assets for film/animation. Experience on a film set is a plus, and any previous experience in graphic design and/or 3D (C4D) would be a bonus too.
As a key member of the agency team, you will be passionate about the power of partnerships in the sport and lifestyle space, be able to build strong internal relationships and be able to hit the ground running.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
• The creation of video edits and animations, mostly for use on social media (ie. 15-second ‘call to action’ stings, 2 minute promo films, long-form 3-5 minute docu-style edits)
• Injecting new thinking into existing client campaigns
• Working with the Creative Lead and Creative Director to find more creative approaches to our clients’ moving image needs
• Raising the bar on creative output
Personal Skills Required:
• Great communication skills with the studio and account team members
• The ability to handle multiple briefs across a variety of clients under pressure
• Solid software knowledge, including:
Premiere (Collating raw footage and creating proxies where required, making selects, editing, audio-correction/levels, colour-correction/grading, export settings, resizing for different ratios)
After Effects (2D motion graphics using type/vector elements, keyframe easing, 3D cameras, camera tracking/rotoscoping, use of green screen, adding motion to Photoshop files)
Photoshop (Basic controls, taking a designer’s file and streamlining it for After Effects, ability to use vector/raster masks, understanding of layers and blending modes)
Illustrator (Basic controls, taking a designer’s file and streamlining it for After Effects)
• Strong idea generation (whether that is building a narrative structure or producing a visually creative animation piece).
• Organised approach when structuring project files and folders
• The ability to follow brand guidelines
• The ability to take ownership over a project, and work independently in tandem with account teams where required
• A positive attitude, willingness to learn and adapt with a fast, growing business
• 6+ years agency experience (or equivalent)