Systems Engineer [Advertising] Ref: SET 771
Position: Systems Engineer
Basis: Permanent - Full Time
Minimum Industry Experience: 3+ years
Minimum Role Experience: 2+ yrs years
Seniority: Mid - Senior
Location: On site - London
Salary: Dependant on experience.
Our client is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring that their technical systems and equipment are implemented and working to optimum levels, to underpin the successful operation of their business.
The Systems Engineer will lead and support the relationship with their technology partner to maintain, support and upgrade onsite and offsite equipment, software and cabling. They will also provide advice and support to clients, producers and creative artists with regard to technical issues. You will be required to collaborate with that technology partner to provide the daily maintenance of all equipment.
The post holder will be required to work closely with the Management, Production and Operations teams to deliver excellent client service, strong research & development, planning and implementation as well as maintenance for all video equipment at our client's London office. Their departments include 2D, Colour Grading suites, 3D and Technical Operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an Engineer within a professional film environment and have excellent working knowledge of video, television and broadcast quality monitoring, as well as television standards - both regional and international. They will provide first line support for workstation, network and server infrastructure
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the planning and installation of unique projects, for example, when clients require an unusual workflow. As required, they will carry out technical research of current technologies, including workstations, colour imagery and software and recommend appropriate action ie. upgrade, replace, rewire, reconfigure etc.
This nature of this role requires weekend on-call duties and flexible work is available.
Our client is a multi award winning, multi national Post Production House. They specialise in a wide variety of short form projects, including advertising and music, working with cutting edge VFX artists, colourists and sound designers. They are currently in a period of rapid growth, so agility, bespoke solutions, together with the ability and willingness to augment the role, in line with the studio's needs, are essential.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provide proactive and reactive technical support for:
- Flame suites
- Colour Grading suites
- 2D/3D video and graphic manipulation packages
- Experience To include:
- Autodesk Flame
- Data Storage (NAS) and asset management systems
- Network devices including L2 & L3 Switches and Routers / Firewalls
- Routine maintenance of workstations, monitors and VTRs
- Maintenance and testing of workflow pipelines (eg. mastering, wips, colour, 2d)
- Support of Microsoft Office & Google Gsuite
- Support and licensing of Nuke, Mari, 3DE, Maya etc plus associated plugins & renderers
- Maintain Colourspace, pipeline and companywide colour and monitoring standards
- Working knowledge of Teradici PCoIP
- Keeping technical documentation current and up to date
- Ensuring meeting rooms & suites are in full working order and prepped for VCs and meetings
- Required Demonstrable Experience Of:
- Successful delivery of excellent customer service and positive feedback i.e. systems, response times, turnaround, and quality of support service
- Monitoring Calibration
- Successful installation of projects to deadline and budget
- Successful implementation of maintenance and upgrade plans
- Managing and troubleshooting several complex jobs often at the same time and hitting deadlines
- Maintaining and keeping up to date all hardware and software systems
- First line support of workstation, network and server infrastructure
- System admin including Active Directory and DNS
- Degree, or equivalent qualification in Technology
- Extensive experience as support engineer for Autodesk Flame and Filmlight Baselight
Specialist Knowledge And Experience Of The Following Is Highly Desirable:
- Linux / MacOS / Windows and various office packages
- Autodesk Flame / Flare / Smoke
- 3D workstations
- Video wiring,
- Video routing
- Audio wiring
- Audio routing
- System design
- Fault diagnosis to component level
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Disk based storage
Our client is deeply committed to providing equal opportunities, a diverse and an inclusive work environment and strongly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.