Production Support Engineer
Production Support Engineer - Junior to Mid - SE06
We are looking for a junior Production Support Engineer to join a fast-growing, multi-site company.
The role requires specialism in the support and maintenance of high-end workstations across the full range of production capabilities – moving image post, print, design and CG.
Soho Editors are acting as an agency on behalf of the client.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience in a similar role, supporting production related IT platforms.
- Demonstrable advanced skills installing, trouble-shooting and supporting various systems such as Adobe CC.
- Knowledge and expertise across Linux and OSX workstations and system administration.
- Server administration (Linux, Mac and Windows) and storage management (SAN environments, OSX Server)
- Licensing and plug-in management and support.
- Archiving and Ethernet/fibre networking.
- Liaising with hardware and software support teams and approved vendors.
- Production workflow set up and support.
- Work within an ITIL framework in particular seeking continuous improvement to service delivery, effective change management and working towards defined SLAs.
- Salary dependant on experience
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE SKILLS
- Quantum StoreNext storage solutions
- A good understanding of dependent IT systems such as IP network protocols and fabre channel environments.
- Demonstrable advanced skills installing, trouble-shooting and supporting various systems and applications in VFX, Edit and MCR environments – specifically the full Adobe suite, Flame, Flame Assist, DaVinci Resolve, Pro Tools and Nuke.
- Editorial and VFX workflow procedures – Offline / Online, XML, EDL etc
- Workflow set-up and support including media delivery, encoding, QC etc
- Print technology, including colour manager and colour server operations
- Experience with Xinet / GMG / Twist print services & Proofers.
TEAM / OPERATIONS
- Prioritise effectively under pressure and demonstrate a sense of urgency relevant to a delivery-focused facility.
- Mobility and energy to work across a multi-site environment.
- Effective stakeholder management ensuring appropriate communication at all levels.
- Propose technically and commercially sound recommendations to aid the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Appropriate knowledge sharing including documentation is created an accurately maintained following Groupe standards, to ensure it remains relevant and always up to date.
We endeavour to respond to all candidates, however, due to the amount of applications we receive, this is not always possible. I’m afraid if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days of applying for the position, you have not been successful at this time.
We act on behalf of our clients who ask us to find the very best candidates. We know our clients well, making it easier for us to understand what they are looking for in a candidate.