Production Technical Supervisor and Data Manager
Production Technical Supervisor and Data Manager - ref: SET710
Position: Production Technical Supervisor and Data Manager
Based in London and is a Full time position
This is a hybrid position between data management, MCR operator support. As this is a technical heavy support position, you must be comfortable with all aspects of this role. The preferred candidate is able to enter the role immediately.
- Editing of video/audio content in response to briefs
- Archiving projects to Azure
- Un-Archiving projects from Azure
- Unarchive of legacy LTO archive and push to Azure
- Archive/Management of old shoot drives
- Manage data limits on the SAN, running regular reports
- Manage Software licences
- Naming conventions
- Aligning all above with our other craft offices
- Ensuring all rushes and projects are returned from 3rd party suppliers/post houses etc
- First line troubleshooting and support of broadcast machine issues
- Identifying issues and reporting them to engineering and management via tickets and emails
- Calibration of monitors
- Advising on cameras for shoots
- Advising producers and editors on workflows
- Using knowledge and experience to provide support and solutions on a project-by-project basis
- Producing dailies from all shoots, ensuring all video data complies with edit systems
- Manage and organise all moving image and audio media, including original camera files, completed edits, raw audio recordings
- Action Visual Effects pulls to produce data suitable for VFX clean-up and later grading
- Keep informed of Broadcast Industry technology and trends. Including suitable edit systems and solutions
- QC of broadcast clocks and reporting issues to producers
- Upload of successful Clocks to AssetsPlus
- Enforce company workflows and policy where possible and applicable
- Manage time and liaise with bookings
- Updating media encoder pre-sets to current delivery specifications to aid editors with exports
- You are a proactive people person
- You are technically savvy and have experience across multiple technology platforms
- You are expert at prioritizing and time management
- You have excellent communication skills
- You demonstrate strong sense of ownership and accountability
- You are able to work efficiently and fast
- You thrive in fast-paced environment
- Happy to work on a weekly shift rota
What is your experience?
It is key that you are solid in all areas of this all-encompassing Production support role. Ideally you will have worked in a production agency previously and be available immediately to start immediately.
NOTE: this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
The client is a creative communications agency with the spirit and passion of a boutique and the rock-like support of the world’s biggest advertising network. We explore strange new worlds, seek out new life forms and boldly go where no one has gone before in the dogged pursuit of compelling and impactful work which transforms the brands in our care. Working with us is a little like taking a journey into the unknown – with a massive safety net around you. We encourage an entrepreneurial approach in all that we do and believe that the best ideas can come from anyone – and anywhere. We’ll give you the tools and the support you need to build your career and only ask that you bring us your passion, commitment, and energy to make a difference.
As one of the industry’s largest global production networks, the Company’s teams collaborate to create smart, bespoke, networked client solutions for many world-class brands. They are a production and marketing communications agency delivering content across print, digital and video media. Our mission is to help world class brands drive efficiency with the seamless delivery of the final product to markets around the world.