The Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio Course
The Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio Course (DVR100)From £451.50 With 90 day discount (3 days)
This three-day, hands-on Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve Studio Course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the DaVinci Resolve 14 interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Resolve’s powerful advanced features.
Beginners learn to mark and edit clips, mix sound, add titles, create transitions, apply filters, and more. Topics include basic setup, customising preferences and settings, capturing video and audio, various editing and trimming techniques, Ripple, Roll, Slip, and Slide tools, audio editing and audio creation, finishing and final output.
Funded Price ONLY £154.80 incl VAT with the Creative Skillset Film Fund. Click here for more info .
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 3||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Editing in DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Building the Rough Cut
- Finishing the Rough Cut
- Trimming Clip Duration
- Refining Edit Points
- Refining the Editing Process
- Customizing DaVinci Resolve Studio
- Capturing & Transferring Footage
- Applying Transitions
- Mixing Audio Tracks
- Creating Titles
- Applying Filters and Grading
- Finishing and Outputting
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
All students will receive a Soho Editors Training attendance certificate.
Want to take your experience to the next level? Try our The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 12 Studio Course.
- Launching Resolve Studio
- Resolve Interface
- Following a Workflow
- Starting a Project
- Importing Clips
- Navigating Clips
- Marking and Editing Clips
- Playing and Navigating a Sequence
- Organizing Project
- Elements, Saving
- Hiding and Quitting Resolve Studio
- Working with Projects
- Editing a Rough Cut
- Making Overwrite Edits
- Managing Timeline Tracks
- Making Insert Edits
- Editing Audio Clips
- Moving Clips in the Timeline
- Creating a New Version
- Drag-and-Drop Editing and Changing the Volume of Edited Clips
- Adding Cutaways
- Editing to Narration
- Editing to Music
- Copying, Cutting, Pasting, and Positioning Clips
- Screening and Sharing a Sequence
- Understanding Trimming
- Rippling Edit Points
- Rippling in the Viewer and by Numbers
- Trimming Clips on the V2 Track
- Trimming One Track of a Linked Clip
- Trimming Two Edit Points
- Slipping One Clip
- Rolling Two Edit Points
- Sliding Clips to Refine Position
- Dragging Clips to New Locations and Keeping Linked Clips in Sync
- Labeling Project Elements
- Creating Subclips
- Adding Markers to Clips
- Using Markers to Align Actions
- Performing Replace Edits and Editing Multicam Footage
- Reconnecting Media
- Working with Mixed Format Sequences
- Working with Master Clips
- Logging Information in Browser Columns
- Finding Project Items
- Customizing Shortcut Keys
- Optimizing User Preferences
- Choosing Preset Format Settings
- Previewing and Marking Your Source
- Choosing Clip Settings
- Choosing Import Settings
- Choosing Import Options
- Setting Import Preferences and Transferring Files
- Organising Media
- Creating Checksum Clones
- Evaluating the Project
- Understanding Transitions
- Viewing Transition Options
- Applying Transitions
- Modifying and Copying Transitions
- Using the Transition Editor
- Changing Transition Parameters
- Previewing and Rendering Effects
- Preparing the Project for Mixing
- Organizing and Editing Audio Effects
- Monitoring & Adjusting Audio Levels
- Applying Transitions to Fade Volume
- Setting Keyframes to Change Volume
- Using the Audio Mixer
- Importing Audio Files
- Working with Video Generators
- Adding a Lower Third
- Adding Mattes, Effects and Still Images
- Creating a Credit Roll and Using Master Templates
- Entering Speed Changes
- Using the Speed Tool
- Creating a Freeze Frame
- Changing Inspector Parameters
- Animating Inspector Parameters
- Applying and Viewing Video Filters
- Viewing and Modifying Filter Parameters
- Applying Audio Filters
- Animating Filters
- Introduction to Color Grading
- Adjusting Video Levels for Broadcast
- Sharing Clips and Sequences
- Exporting a QuickTime Movie
- Using Other Export Options
- Exporting a Still Frame
- Making a Timecode Window Burn
- Backing Up Projects
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
|London Training Centre||26th Nov 2018||£451.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||5th Sep 2018||£451.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||9th Jul 2018||£516.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||29th May 2018||£580.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
Why Choose This Course?
This Blackmagic Design Certified DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio Video Editing course will take you through the professional editing workflow from start to finish. This is the best place to start if you are an Editor, Producer or Assistant and want an in-depth look at editing with DaVinci Resolve 14.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Introduction to Editing with DaVinci Resolve Studio 14 Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking