The DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio For Video Editors Course
The DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio For Video Editors Course (DVR150)From £206.50 With 90 day discount (1 day)
NEW FREELANCER DISCOUNT: £100 + VAT per seat! Email email@example.com to book!
This one day DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio For Video Editors Course is hands-on and is aimed at video editors wanting to learn how to colour grade their edits using the power of DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio.
This course is designed to give video editors the knowledge to colour grade in Resolve 16 Studio rather than train them how to be a colourist.
|London Training Centre||30th Apr 2020||£265.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||16th Jun 2020||£236.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||14th Aug 2020||£206.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||30th Oct 2020||£206.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||21st Dec 2020||£206.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
- 7 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course media
- Course attendance certificate
Course Times - 1 Day
|Morning Break||11:30 - 15 Minute Break|
|Lunch||13:30 - 1 Hour break|
|Afternoon Break||15:30 - 15 Minute Break|
This course is designed for any experience editor looking to grade their own projects.
- Workspace And Set Up
- Importing Media And Edits
- Primary Colour Correction
- Secondary Colour Correction
- Saving Grades and Exporting
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- A workable knowledge of an editing application such as Final Cut Pro 7 or X, Media Composer or Premiere Pro is required.
There is no professional certification from Blackmagic Design for this course at this time.
Want to take your experience to the next level? Try our The Introduction to Grading with DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio Course.
- Creating a user and a project.
- Explaining the workflow in Resolve using the 5 main windows from import to output.
- The importance of project setup regarding frame resolutions and rates.
- Saving projects and settings.
- Introduction to the media pool.
- Explanation of how Resolve can read any codec.
- Importing edits from different software: XML Version 1 for FCP 7 and Premiere, XML
- Version 2 for FCP X, and AAF for Avid files.
- Relinking media.
- Explaining what is excluded from the edits.
- Creating and importing a reference movie.
- Using the scene cut detection.
- Basic colour correction theory: Using luminance and chrominance.
- Introduction to the colour wheels.
- Introduction to nodes.
- Using the automatic colour corrector.
- Introduction to the video scopes: using the Waveform monitor and RGB Parade.
- Correcting colour using the 3 way colour corrector.
- Fine tuning correction using the log colour wheels.
- Introduction to the curve editor.
- Explaining secondary colour correction.
- Introducing second nodes including disabling nodes.
- Using the qualifier tool to select individual colours.
- Using the power windows tool to mask, including the bespoke mask tool.
- Motion tracking masks.
- Saving your grades in the library.
- Applying save grades to different clips
- Exporting material directly out of Resolve
- Round tripping back to the editing system of choice, FCP X, FCP 7, Premiere Pro, or Avid.
- The advantages of rendering out of Resolve
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 20 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio For Video Editors Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
Paul is a very effective communicator. He keeps things very simple and works to the level of the delegates needs. Excellent.
Learnt a hell of a lot in just one day
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.
I recently took part in the online ‘Introduction to Premiere Pro’ training run by Soho Editors and went from total novice to putting together a video with effects in just a few hours. The training was superb: informative, hands on and also fun. I must also say that the admin team that handled my initial query and booking were also very helpful and gave a great impression of what was to come with the training. My Tutor was extremely professional and great at sharing Pro Editor tips with me but understood that I was a total beginner and gave me ample opportunities for questions, practice and learning from my own mistakes. The fact I could do this training online and from a distance was a joy and privilege and the cost of the course was excellent value. This training from Soho Editors has sparked a genuine love for using Premiere Pro and I can’t wait to do further training with them very soon. If you are looking for training in Premiere Pro, Soho Editors will equip you with the skills to get you started, inspire you with editing ideas and give you the confidence to unleash your creativity!