The Professional Introduction to Final Cut Pro X Course
The Professional Introduction to Final Cut Pro X Course (FCP102)From £516.00 With 60 day discount (3 days)
Our three day hands-on The Professional Introduction to Final Cut Pro X Course teaches trainees to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface.
Beginners will learn how to work with new features including the Automatic Import features, Media Management and Improved Timeline.
Our Final Cut Pro X class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who will benefit from hands-on training and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
Funded Price ONLY £204 incl VAT with the Creative Skillset Film Fund. Click here for more info.
- 21 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
- Optional: Purchase an Apple Certified Final Cut Pro X Exam. Find out more about certification.
|Days 1 & 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2 x 10 min breaks)|
|Day 3||10 am - 4 pm (The exam can be taken after 4 pm)|
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
- Creating Smart Collections to organise media based on metadata and keywords.
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
- Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
- Fine tuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
- Finishing and final output.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended
- Following a Workflow
- Opening Final Cut Pro X
- Exploring the Interface
- Using Menus and Shortcuts
- Viewing and Sorting Events
- Skimming Clips and Changing Views
- Viewing and Creating Projects
- Working in the Project Library
- Viewing Projects in the Timeline and Hiding and Quitting Final Cut Pro
- Importing Media into an Event
- Importing Folders as Keyword Collections
- Analysing and Correcting Imported Clips
- Importing from a Camera
- Importing from the Finder and Importing from Other Applications
- Using Metadata to Customise an Event
- Adding Keywords to Clips
- Assigning Multiple Keywords to Clips
- Applying Keywords to a Clip Range
- Rating, Sorting and Searching Clips
- Creating Smart Collections
- Creating a New Project
- Screening and Marking Clips
- Appending Clips in the Timeline
- Viewing and Arranging Clips in the Magnetic Timeline
- Inserting Clips into the Primary Storyline
- Changing Edited Clips
- Connecting Clips to the Primary Storyline
- Closing your Project
- Adding Markers to a Project
- Connecting Clips to the Primary Storyline
- Overwriting and Replacing Clips
- Auditioning Clips in the Project
- Working with Storylines
- Duplicating a Project
- Removing Clip Selections and Adding Gaps
- Understanding Trimming
- Applying the Trim Tool
- Trimming with Precision
- Preparing for Transitions
- Applying a Video Transition
- Using the Transitions Browser
- Modifying Transitions
- Changing Transition Parameters in the Inspector
- Adding Transitions to Other Storylines and Compound Clips
- Exploring Audio Transitions
- Monitoring and Adjusting Audio in the Timeline
- Adding Music and Sound Effects
- Adjusting Levels in the Audio Inspector
- Creating Audio Fades
- Recording a Narration Track, and Correcting Problem Audio
- Using the Titles Browser
- Adding a Lower Third, Modifying Titles
- Adding Bumpers and Credits
- Working with Video Generators
- Using Themes
- Understanding Motion Properties
- Retiming Clips
- Creating Holds and Variable Speed Segments
- Applying Preset Speed Effects
- Transforming an Image
- Cropping an Image
- Adding a Ken Burns Effect
- Creating Keyboard Shortcuts
- Applying Video Effects
- Modifying Effect Parameters
- Auditioning and Animating Effects
- Applying Audio Effects
- Enhancing Colour in Final Cut Pro
- Preparing a Project for Exporting and Sharing
- Detecting Audio Peaks
- Adjusting Video Levels for Broadcast
- Exporting Movie File
- Publishing a Project to Apple Devices
- Publishing a Project to Video Sharing Sites
- Exporting an Image from your Project
- Exporting for Blue-Ray Disc, DVD, or Disk Image
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay too long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
|London Training Centre||20th Dec 2017||£516.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|Manchester Training Centre||4th Dec 2017||£516.0020% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||15th Nov 2017||£580.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||23rd Oct 2017||£580.5010% Advance Booking Discount|
|Manchester Training Centre||9th Oct 2017||£645.00|
|London Training Centre||27th Sep 2017||£645.00|
Why Choose This Course?
This Final Cut Pro X course will take you through the professional editing workflow from start to finish. This is the best place to start if you are an Editor, Producer or Assistant and want an in-depth look at Final Cut Pro X.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Professional Introduction to Final Cut Pro X Course is an internationally recognised qualification that is based on practical, real-world post production knowledge you can put to use from day one.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking