The Introduction to Illustrator course
The Introduction to Illustrator course (IL100)From £346.50 With 90 day discount (2 days)
Create distinctive vector artwork for any project. Used by design professionals worldwide, Adobe Illustrator CC software provides precision and power with sophisticated drawing tools, expressive natural brushes, a host of time-savers, and integration with Adobe’s Creative Cloud services.
|London Training Centre||5th Sep 2019||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||6th Jun 2019||£346.5030% Advance Booking Discount|
|London Training Centre||18th Mar 2019||£495.00|
- 14 hours hands on instructor lead training
- Individual Apple workstation
- Course manual and course media
- Course attendance certificate
|Days 1 - 2||10 am - 5:30 pm (1 Hr lunch + 2x 10 min breaks)|
This course is suitable for people with no previous experience with Illustrator, or for those with very little experience who want to improve their abilities
- Exploring Illustrator
- Working with files
- Colouring objects
- Layering and ordering items
- Modifications and special effects
- 3D Effects
- Patterns and symbols
- Using Illustrator to present data
- The Actions panel
- Web Work
- Adobe Bridge.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator ACA Certification
The Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam validates entry-level skills in graphic design and illustration corresponding to Illustrator software. Exam objectives include Setting Project Requirements, Identifying Design Elements Used When Preparing Graphics, Understanding Adobe Illustrator, Create Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator and Archive, Export, and Publish Graphics Using Adobe Illustrator. Find out more.
- Introduction to the Illustrator environment
- Customise the Illustrator Workspace with presets.
- Closing and saving files
- Creating new files
- Using Templates
- File formats and which ones to use.
- Creating shapes
- The pen tool
- Creating and amending paths
- Splitting paths
- Manipulating anchor points
- Pencil, Erase
- Smooth and Brush
- Using the LiveTrace tool to convert Bitmaps to vectors
- Adding and deleting anchor points.
- Colours and fills
- Fills and strokes on objects and pathsProcess
- Pantone and Registration colour
- Applying gradient transparency
- Livepaint and objects
- Live Colour.
- Calligraphic, art, scatter & pattern brushes
- Editing existing and creating new brushes
- Scribble Effect; using the brush libraries.
- Basic typography; the type tool; type on and in a path; type as outlines
- Character and paragraph styles
- Linking text boxes and using using circular text; text wrap around objects
- Typographic control including kerning, indents and baseline shift
- New Touch Type controls.
- Send to back/Bring to front
- Group/Ungroup and group selections
- Working in Group Isolation Mode
- Cut/copy/paste & paste infront/ behind
- Working with Rulers
- Guides and Smart Guides
- Getting the best from Layers
- Using multiple artboards
- Editing the artboard size
- Positioning elements
- Aligning and distributing artwork
- Using layers effectively.
- Transformations including blending shapes and the Gradient Mesh tool
- Pathfinder panel and compound paths
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Effects, graphic styles and masks.
- Simple patterns and artwork patterns
- Converting logos to symbols for reuse
- Using the symbol spray to instance symbols around page
- Update symbols, manipulate symbols.
- Graphs and graph types
- Graph styles such as pies and bars
- Representing qualities graphically.
- Using existing actions
- Creating actions for automation.
- Flexible web vector export; converting to Flash format
- Slicing and CSS layer support to create entire web pages.
- Overview of Adobe Bridge and what it can do.
You can always reserve (Pencil) your place on any course without commitment. However you may be asked to move if we have a paying customer that will confirm. We will always give you first refusal to confirm or release your Pencilled date.
Remember the earlier you book the cheaper the course, so don't delay to long.
Add the course to you shopping basket and you can pay by PayPal at check out.
Remember the further in advance you book, the more you save.
Why Choose This Course?
Since it first appeared in 1988, Adobe’s Illustrator vector drawing program has been at the forefront of graphic design production, but it’s come a long way in a quarter of a century of development, staying at the cutting edge of computer illustration in all that time. So if you think it is about time you too learned how to use the world’s number one drawing package, then this is the course for you.
Soho Editors have been at the forefront of the technological and creative advances in post-production for more than 17 years as well as being Europe’s leading professional training provider.
The further in advance you purchase the higher the savings.
Days in Advance
|0 - 29||Nil|
|30 - 59||10%|
|60 - 89||20%|
The Introduction to Illustrator Course is based on practical, real-world production knowledge you can put to use from day one. It gently introduces the skills necessary to be able to create a variety of illustration work and will see you using the software with confidence and style.
We are so sure that not only will you enjoy the experience, as well as learn what you need from the course, that if you are not satisfied we will give you the same course again FREE of charge, it’s as simple as that, no argument*.
The best thing about the course was learning the proper process and functionality behind the tools. They were all tools I have used before but understanding them properly was excellent.
Expressions were a massive highlight.
Very hands on training, went through a logical structure to learn all the fundamentals of Adobe Premiere Pro.
Final Cut Pro X 100: The number of edits we did, and the balance between guidance and experimentation was excellent
DaVinci Resolve 101: Good pace, small class.
Avid MC101: Really informative. Mike was really helpful about going off topic to help with areas not directly covered with the course.
Premiere Pro Introduction: Insightful, industry knowledge with a friendly and approachable delivery.
After Effects Bundle: Training was easy to understand and follow. I loved the training on 3D and motion tracking
John was an excellent tutor. Very patient... great communication and obviously very skilled and knowledgeable with Cinema 4D. I was very pleased with the entire 3 days tuition.